WTF Why doesn't President Obama....

choosing to 'punish' wall street by further immobilizing the hiring arm of America is the wrong approach.

& I'm not sure listening to Greenspan is the cure either. He ignored an awful lot while letting interest rates stay at such low rates to keep an everthinning economic growth bubble expanding. Now, him choosing the exact opposite will cause equally problematic outcomes but may sell some books.

Only two things will cure this economy. 1) lower spending, AND 2) meaningful incentives for employers to hire.

obama/reid/pelosi's recent 'jobs bill' is a poor excuse for an incentive and doesn't amount to anything more than 'hey employers, spend lots of your own money on hiring now & later we'll give you a small break on taxes.' If obies goal was to create a misleading talking point, give him an A.

choosing to 'punish' wall street by further immobilizing the hiring arm of America is the wrong approach.

& I'm not sure listening to Greenspan is the cure either. He ignored an awful lot while letting interest rates stay at such low rates to keep an everthinning economic growth bubble expanding. Now, him choosing the exact opposite will cause equally problematic outcomes but may sell some books.

Only two things will cure this economy. 1) lower spending, AND 2) meaningful incentives for employers to hire.

obama/reid/pelosi's recent 'jobs bill' is a poor excuse for an incentive and doesn't amount to anything more than 'hey employers, spend lots of your own money on hiring now & later we'll give you a small break on taxes.' If obies goal was to create a misleading talking point, give him an A.

How would you feel about going back to 12 tax brackets? Having the highest of which pay 70% taxes like it used to be. :fly:

Actually, I do like the 'raise' the age idea, I also like the idea of raising it faster than we need it. this will force americans to start saving on their own. You know, like they saved for their own social security - privately. But doncha call it privatization of social security, it's not that. :) it's saving on your own, putting it where you want, & perhaps the gov't could have a few recommended areas that were more secure.

Actually, I do like the 'raise' the age idea, I also like the idea of raising it faster than we need it. this will force americans to start saving on their own. You know, like they saved for their own social security - privately. But doncha call it privatization of social security, it's not that. :) it's saving on your own, putting it where you want, & perhaps the gov't could have a few recommended areas that were more secure.

I wrote an article in my university's paper about advocating just that. It circulated for a week and I got flamed heavily for it -- mostly by the teaching staff and people who are fairly close to receiving benefits.

Retirement is a privilege not a right. Once we get people to give up the idea that every American deserves retirement, we can fix shit.

Rally_125550.jpg