why does everyone get so uppity about homosexuals?

El Borracho said:
Not every business man is an unethical prick who fucks people on his way to the top, have more faith in people who earn their cash and become rich through hard honest work.

Kerry got something like 7 million back, I bet you he didn't give it to a charity.
you'd probably win that bet. but hes for higher taxes on himself. that says something

PinkysAvenger said:
i got 300 bucks
sure, its great to have.
but when the richest people in this country get 7 MILLION back?
im sorry, but they have more, they can afford to pay more to help the poor people they've screwed over on their way to the top
and plus, it just sucked us more and more into the defecit

i may have got a little more than that...

you know, when people complain about how much the upper/middle class is paying or not paying in taxes, it just makes me think that they are jealous wastrels. and i honestly dont mean this as an offense, just something that runs through my head.

ieholly said:
the number of people geting jobs are on the rise but! more people are entering the work force. even mankiw says that.

also you can't claim bush has an econmic victory now if you think economic policies take along time to develop. which is clearly what bush and his crew subscribe to because the blame the last administration for all the economic woes.

its clear now that the sanctions were working. we should have had support form the international community. you don't just jump into a war with a shitty plan and when it goes to hell throw your hands up and claim its the nature of war.

I don't blame either administration for economic short-falls, our country will still pull out of it even if we have to squeeze for a few years.

We did have international backing, we just didn't wanna take our time bending over for the U.N. while sadaam chucked oil for food profits into palaces. Oil for food as in one of the aid programs the U.N. so cleverly and happily crafted for iraq, and then ran into the ground with corruption.

thrawn said:
i may have got a little more than that...

you know, when people complain about how much the upper/middle class is paying or not paying in taxes, it just makes me think that they are jealous wastrels. and i honestly dont mean this as an offense, just something that runs through my head.
sure im jealous. i want to make that much money. but i think that they have a responsibility to take care of the lowest rungs of society. and it seems like the only way thats gonna happen is if the government regulates it.

El Borracho said:
I don't blame either administration for economic short-falls, our country will still pull out of it even if we have to squeeze for a few years.

We did have international backing, we just didn't wanna take our time bending over for the U.N. while sadaam chucked oil for food profits into palaces. Oil for food as in one of the aid programs the U.N. so cleverly and happily crafted for iraq, and then ran into the ground with corruption.
but we didnt go to war for oil for food abuses. we went to war for WMDs. and the sanctions worked for that. if the US had spearheaded reform of oil for food, heck, we would have shut down those abuses.

PinkysAvenger said:
sure, the stock market popping hit the surplus, but bushes spending is what really put the nail in the coffin.

and the way i see it, rich people can afford to pay proportionally larger sums. they really dont need that second 80ft yacht, do they? i'd rather have 5000 needy familys get another weeks food.

If "I" spent the time it takesa to work for an 80-ft yacht, and a mansion, and a bimmer, I don't want to be punished for being rich. In America the only people who should need assistance are disabled, young people(17-), and elderly people. If you can pick up a shovel or rake you can find something to do. If you can wash windows or clean houses you can find something to do.
There is little to no excuse for people who refuse to work.

El Borracho said:
If "I" spent the time it takesa to work for an 80-ft yacht, and a mansion, and a bimmer, I don't want to be punished for being rich. In America the only people who should need assistance are disabled, young people(17-), and elderly people. If you can pick up a shovel or rake you can find something to do. If you can wash windows or clean houses you can find something to do.
There is little to no excuse for people who refuse to work.
yes, i completely agree. but money is required to fix the system. and nothing is being devoted to it. the republicans just point to it and say "look it dosent work, arent democrats dumb?" when they could be appropriating the money to fix it

PinkysAvenger said:
but we didnt go to war for oil for food abuses. we went to war for WMDs. and the sanctions worked for that. if the US had spearheaded reform of oil for food, heck, we would have shut down those abuses.

El Borracho said:
something about the, "do what hes told by moderate democrats." bothers me. I'd rather have a president who sticks by his opinions then one who changes with the ebb and flow of politics. His reasons for action may be wrong, but his solutions can be right.

You'll find In other posts of mine that I support the war for different reasons. (economic growth) something that we have coverd reapetedly in our conversation, something that I think this administration is ensuring by rebuilding Iraq. Something I think kerry will fuck up if he gets in office, which is why I believe that bush's economic plan doesnt really effect us in short term but it makes sure we have a place to sell our shit in the future.

Which is way more important then if kerry can fix some leaky pipes and pretend to be a president that brought us peace.

El Borracho said:
You'll find In other posts of mine that I support the war for different reasons. (economic growth) something that we have coverd reapetedly in our conversation, something that I think this administration is ensuring by rebuilding Iraq. Something I think kerry will fuck up if he gets in office, which is why I believe that bush's economic plan doesnt really effect us in short term but it makes sure we have a place to sell our shit in the future.

Which is way more important then if kerry can fix some leaky pipes and pretend to be a president that brought us peace.
but then you run into the problem of equity. how many people can die just so that we can economicly grow? 1,500? 3,000? 10,000? how many are too many?

and by that rationale, would it be perfectly allright to invade any country we wish just so that we can rebuild them and make money? where does the ethics issues end?

PinkysAvenger said:
sure im jealous. i want to make that much money. but i think that they have a responsibility to take care of the lowest rungs of society. and it seems like the only way thats gonna happen is if the government regulates it.

thats a load of shit

they have no responsibility whatsoever. morals aside, i have no responsibily to anyone but myself financially. and i dont care for the gov't regulating my finances more than it already does. pinko bunk.

thrawn said:
thats a load of shit

they have no responsibility whatsoever. morals aside, i have no responsibily to anyone but myself financially. and i dont care for the gov't regulating my finances more than it already does. pinko bunk.
this isnt the 50's anymore

the measure of a society is in its lowest citizens. our country has a responsibility to take care of them. especially while we have CEO's making 500 times what their average employees make. they can afford it. and if they dont do it on their own, the government should make them do it

PinkysAvenger said:
but then you run into the problem of equity. how many people can die just so that we can economicly grow? 1,500? 3,000? 10,000? how many are too many?

and by that rationale, would it be perfectly allright to invade any country we wish just so that we can rebuild them and make money? where does the ethics issues end?

America isn't a bunch of farmers, we aren't self supporting so we rely on other countries. Which means that we rely on money. If we don't have money more people like the "needy families" you mentiond DIE. So yes people are losing their lives in Iraq, but america, AND IRAQ are becoming better places becouse of it.

We are having multiple outcomes due to this war, 2 of which I strongly support, economic growth, and liberation. Those people fighting in Iraq knew what they signed on for, and most if not all are willing to die for those needy families. Becouse they know that not many countries besides the U.S. give a shit about their people. And the only reason the U.S. is in power is becouse we have lots of money.

PinkysAvenger said:

the measure of a society is in its lowest citizens. our country has a responsibility to take care of them. especially while we have CEO's making 500 times what their average employees make. they can afford it. and if they dont do it on their own, the government should make them do it
OMG IT ISN'T?!#%

PinkysAvenger said:

CEO's are elected by the board, which is elected by the average worker. If anyones to blame whos in power its the board.

Yell at the one who left the door open, not the homeless man in your pantry. :p

El Borracho said:
America isn't a bunch of farmers, we aren't self supporting so we rely on other countries. Which means that we rely on money. If we don't have money more people like the "needy families" you mentiond DIE. So yes people are losing their lives in Iraq, but america, AND IRAQ are becoming better places becouse of it.

We are having multiple outcomes due to this war, 2 of which I strongly support, economic growth, and liberation. Those people fighting in Iraq knew what they signed on for, and most if not all are willing to die for those needy families. Becouse they know that not many countries besides the U.S. give a shit about their people. And the only reason the U.S. is in power is becouse we have lots of money.
but we dont need to loot and pillage other countries to make money. we can just as easily export goods. it works BETTER then invasion. plus, i dont give a damn about iraq. or its people. they arent american. they want freedom, they can fight for it. its not our responsibility to go marching in sacrificing our own troops for them.

PinkysAvenger said:

El Borracho said:
CEO's are elected by the board, which is elected by the average worker. If anyones to blame whos in power its the board.

Yell at the one who left the door open, not the homeless man in your pantry. :p

average workers have no say on who runs their company. the stockholers do. and mostly just the majority stockholders. so yes, the board is to blame. they all make too much. they're greedy bastards, and we just reward them for screwing people

thrawn said:
yes, but they SHOULD