Why do I read Craig's List?

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,152
After years of idealism, I have finally decided that I am sick and fucking tired of helping the disenfranchised and oppressed. I have a master's degree in social work, and I've worked in a number of different settings. I've been a social worker for Children's Protective Services, a therapist on a psych ward, and I've worked as a case manager for a non-profit that shall remain nameless. I've had a number of clients over the years that I would now like to thank for helping me come to the realization that certain people are beyond help.

1) The mother and father who forced their newborn son to nurse from the family dog: Thank you!! I thought it was going to be just another typical Monday morning. You know, examining 4 year olds and finding anal warts encrusting their little rectums, watching 7 year old little Johnny masturbate the way that Daddy taught him to, and removing little Suzie from her home so Mommy wouldn't be able to put cigarettes out on her thighs anymore. Boring, run-of-the-mill stuff. Then you two beautiful people entered my life. Just in time, I might add! I was beginning to think that abusive parents were losing their sense of creativity. Silly me! What's that? Oh, I know it wasn't your fault. Of course not. No, I agree, formula IS really expensive these days. You're absolutely right, sir, it WOULD have been worse to just let the baby starve. Can I ask you just one question though? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, you could have used your WIC voucher to purchase some formula instead of selling it so you could buy a goddam crack rock? Fuck me, you say? Nope. FUCK YOU, you smarmy pile of rhino shit! Fuck you and your crack whore "baby mama". Your child is coming with me! Merry Fucking Christmas!

2) The meth addict with Borderline Personality Disorder: Sweetie, here's a word of advice. When you are in the midst of a legal battle in which your parental rights are at stake, it is BAD for your case if you show up for your weekly supervised visits with your children spun out of your fucking mind. Also, if you're going to have fresh track marks all over your arms, you should at least wear a long sleeve shirt so I can't see them. We talked about this before, remember? I have to write a report to the judge in a few months, and I can't in good conscience recommend that the court return your children to you when you insist on showing up to your weekly visits high as a kite, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a toothless grin. Also, it does not help your case if you assault me after I inform you that no, you can't see your kids today due to your inebriated state and your exposed vulva. I know you grew up in poverty, and I sympathize with your plight. Hell, I was poor as fuck growing up. My family was broke as a motherfucker. We lived in the projects and never had no cheese for our hamburgers or nuthin. Somehow, though, we still managed to find ourselves some fucking PANTS when we went out IN PUBLIC!

3) The guy who cut his own dick off and left it sitting on the altar at the Catholic church: Dude, the psychiatrist gave you the Haldol for a reason. You should really try taking it every now and then. You're really gonna kick yourself when you come out of this particular episode and realize that your johnson has transubstantiated into the body of Christ. Look, I agree that the Catholic church did some fucked up shit back in the day, but was this really necessary? What exactly did you think you were going to prove? Oh I know, I know, the voices told you to do it. But if the voices told you to go jump off of a bridge, would you do it? Wait, forget I said that.

4) The crackhead mother with 27 cats: I called you in advance to set up our appoinmet. You KNEW I was going to be at your house that day and that I would be evaluating your progress in making your home habitable so that your kids could be returned to you. So why, oh why did you answer the door with a CRACK PIPE IN YOUR HAND???? Oh, it's not yours? You were just holding onto it for your neighbor? Sure, I'll buy that. Let me ask you something though. Are those your neighbor's cat turds overflowing in the kirchen sink? No, you're right, those litter boxes ARE expensive. Perhaps you shoud consider getting rid of a few of the cats so there will be room for your children. Just a thought. By the way, is that your neighbor's blood coagulating over there on the couch?

5) The crack addict who prostituted her 8 year old son to support her drug habit: Congratulations! You have just managed to turn me into a supporter of the death penalty! What's that? You're concerned about having your little boy placed in an abusive foster home? Oh don't worry, your son is fine, dear. He won't be going to a foster home after all. You see, we had to place him in an institution because he now likes to save his feces in plastic bags so he can use them as lubrication when he jacks off onto women's panties. He also tries to rape other children. What causes him to do such awful things, you ask? Well, I'm not sure dear, but I'll hazard a guess. I could be wrong, but perhaps his current behaviors have something to do with the fact that his MOTHER RENTED OUT HIS ASS TO HUNDREDS OF PEDOPHILES TO SUPPORT HER CRACK HABIT!!!! Bitch, I hope you get ass-raped by Genghis Khan in hell for all eternity. I'd love to beat you upside the head with a tire iron and take a big steaming shit on your chest. I'd probably lose my license if I did that, though.

6) To the woman who didn't want her child to be adopted by those "faggots": It's so refreshing to meet a woman who cares so much about her child for once! You're right, honey. The Bible DOES say that homosexuals are an abomination to God. Tell me, what does the Bible say about punishing your toddler for crying by sticking him with your dirty syringe needles, thereby infecting him with HIV and hepatitis? I know the Bible says "spare the rod and spoil the child", but I don't remember anything about sparing infectuous diseases and spoiling the child. Perhaps you were reading the New International Version? Incidentally, those two "faggots", as you call them, have a few important things to offer your child that you have neglected to provide. What can a couple of faggots offer YOUR child, you ask? Well, first and foremost, they have JOBS!!!! Yes, that's right, JOBS!!!!!!! These jobs provide them with a trivial little thing known as HEALTH INSURANCE, which will be used to cover the medical treatment your child has to receive for the diseases that YOU gave him. These abominations to God are also capable of providing something called a HOME THAT IS NOT INFECTED WITH LICE AND CRACK. Finally, and most importantly, they will give him something known as LOVE. Ever heard of it? Now, kindly go euthanize yourself you miserable cunt.

Ok, I feel much better now. I think I might go back to school for an MBA or something. I'm tired of working to help these people for 60 hours a week at $35,000/year.

Snopes has nothing about it. Hoax? Possible. If you've ever seen an episode of cops though I don't see why it isnt plausible.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/65806895.html

Seems like a generic rant on families that can be collected by listening to the news. Probably not a true eyewitness account, but I'm sure some of that is true too (aside from assumptinos the kid is going to have)

There are many people in this world that give absolutely nothing, take everything they can, and are only a cancer on those around them.

Someone bring on the bird flu already, we need to thin our numbers out some.

Since we're posting stuff from other places...This was posted in a "Journal" section of another website I occasionally visit. I usually don't frequent the blog stupidity, but I'm waiting for my phone vendor to show up so I thought it would kill a bit of a time. Anyway, this reads the prologue of a Jerry Springer episode...

some girl's journal post said:
I had possibly one of the craziest nights of my life last night. I saw a side of my fiancé, Dustin, that I had only gotten minor glimpses of until recently.

He has been really stressed lately, what with going into the Navy, getting laid off at his other job, plans for our wedding, his car breaking down, and us trying to get an apartment and such. But, for some reason, he bottles up his stress and anger. He can't let it out in small doses like most people; he just keeps everything unhappy about his life buried deep down until he can't hold it in any more. Then he goes psychotic.

Last night we were hanging out at his brother’s house waiting for his brother’s girlfriend to show up so we could all go out. Dustin started talking about how much his job was pissing him off. You see, he has a seasonal job at a landscape company so it is not uncommon to get laid off during the winter. He wasn't going to be laid off at first; he was going to do snow removal. He started plowing for a few weeks when it would snow, but when it wasn't snowing, since he was on salary, he had to come into work anyway. There wasn't really anything to do so he was getting frustrated with being forced to find busy work. Everyone at his work was very agitated and argumentative. He got fed up with it all and told them to lay him off. But a week before he was supposed to be laid off someone told his boss that he had been smoking weed in his work truck. He has done that before, but he was very upset about being ratted out when at least 6 other people do it too. So he has to take a drug test and even though he had been clean for 3 weeks, he still failed it.

Now, that wouldn't be so bad, since he wants quit and go to the Navy, except that he never graduated high school. Since he never graduated, he has a lot less of a chance than most to get into active duty in the Navy. He scored in the 60's on his ASVAB, which is good enough to get in, so he just has to wait until he can get a spot. He may even end up having to go to the Reserves for a little while until he can get into active duty. So, he needs his job at the landscaping company until he gets into the Navy.

In order to keep his job, he has to go to Narcotics Anonymous for like 5-6 weeks, 1 day a week. Not that bad really, but he lives 45 minutes outside of the city (with his mom) and his car broke down. So, in order to get to the city to go to the meetings, he has to find a ride or borrow my car.

Also, he recently filed for bankruptcy. He had to move back in with his mom because he didn't have enough money to pay for his car at the time and rent and everything. He built up some debt and couldn't afford to pay it off. So, he missed a car payment and the bank repossessed his car. He got another, way crappier car, but he still had the debt from the other. He is getting that all worked out, but like I said, he has no money. He had gotten a raise a little while before he got laid off, but it wasn't a big one, and he is on unemployment now anyway.

That makes getting an apartment next to impossible. No one is going to give an apartment to an 18 year old with no credit and a 23 year old that filed bankruptcy and is on unemployment. At least no nice apartments and neither of us want to live in a shit hole.

Now, each of those things by themselves wouldn't be that bad, but add them all up and then bottle up all your anger about them inside for a while and you get a psychotic episode.

So, anyway, like I said, we were sitting around talking at Dustin's brothers when he flips out. He starts talking about how his work screwed him. Not only him but all of his friends that work there too. He goes on about how they are terrible people and deserve to die. He starts talking about how he would like to go down to the shop and kill his boss. I was starting to get freaked out at this point. I had never heard him talk like that before, at least not seriously. His brother didn't really help b/c he thought Dustin was joking and was telling him that he should go shoot them all. Then Dustin said he wanted to burn down the shop because that was where the dreams of the company rested and he wanted to shatter their dreams like they shattered so many other people's dreams.

He gets up and walks out. I followed him and was like, "Babe, where the fuck are you going in my car?" but he ignored me and drove off in my car without a word. I called him nonstop for a few minutes but he wouldn't pick up his phone. He kept hanging up on his brother when his brother tried to call him. I called him again and finally got him to pick up the phone. I asked him what the fuck he thought he was going in my car and he told me I already knew. I kept trying to tell him that burning down his work would not help anything or anyone, least of all him but he didn't want to hear it. He even hung up on me. I kept calling him back, though. He picked up again and just kept asking me why he shouldn't do it. I came up with a shit load of reasons, but he wouldn't have any of it.

Finally, I was hysterical in tears begging him to come back. I said, "You know what babe? This is the first time you have ever made me cry." As soon as he realized I was crying, he started to feel bad. He kept telling me to stop crying. I told him that there was no way I was going to stop crying unless he came back. So, at last, he said that he would come back, but only because I was crying and he couldn't stand it if I was crying.

He came back and we talked for a long time. Both of us shed a lot of tears. After a while I drove him home and stayed the night with him. After he had calmed down, when we were in his room, he told me that he was sorry. He loved me so much and he didn't want me to be afraid of him. He said he would rather kill himself than ever hurt me. I told him that I was never afraid of him, only afraid for him. He told me that he understood if I didn't love him anymore, and I told him that there was no way that I was going to stop loving him over one bad thing. We have had many good times, but that doesn't mean I stop loving him over one bad incident. He told me that he would understand if I didn't want to marry a crazy man and I told him that I still wanted to marry him, and I do. I am just so worried about him.

I just want to figure out a way to help him. Maybe get him some anger management so he doesn't hold everything in and then go pyscho and try to kill people. I just love him so much. I want nothing else than for him to be happy but I have no idea how to help him to get that way.

Last edited:
60's on the ASVAB... That... I've never heard of a score that low. It's like scoring 200 on the SAT.

(I got 96 on the ASVAB).

FlamingGlory said:
60's on the ASVAB... That... I've never heard of a score that low. It's like scoring 200 on the SAT.

(I got 96 on the ASVAB).

It's nowhere near getting a 200 on SAT. The ASVAB is supposedly questions like "If 2 men walk into a house, and no one is home, how people are now in the house?"

Any truth to that?

KNYTE said:
It's nowhere near getting a 200 on SAT. The ASVAB is supposedly questions like "If 2 men walk into a house, and no one is home, how people are now in the house?"

Any truth to that?
Um, it's basically high school math, reading comprehension (like the short story section and the pick a word to fit parts of the SAT), mechanical/shop/tool comprehension, high school science, and electronics.

They don't tell you how it's scored but most (and I mean your average HS kid who has never seen it before) people score in the high 70s - low 80s. Mostly what I remember is that it is very quick, you only get like 30 seconds to answer each question.

:google: http://www.petersons.com/testprep/quiz.asp?id=1180&sponsor=1&path=ce.pft.asvab

KNYTE said:

Any truth to that?

Its a pretty simple test. When I took it , I scored in the upper 90s (96 , I think, I was a long time ago). I wanted to be a jet mechanic, but in the millitarys infinite wisdome, they stuck me in the motorpool doing oil changes on officers cars instead.

I believe all of those stories. My mom was just telling me that a family friend had been being foster parents. A couple of the children had been tied up on the outside porch and fed dog food, and another child had been turned into a prostitue by her mother at the age of 11. I think people like that should be taken out back and shot.

KNYTE said:

Any truth to that?

Now, grading by the old SAT scores (capped at 1500), a 60 would be roughly equivalent to a 600-800.

But yeah, for your average geek scoring in the high 90's isn't a big deal. (had to threaten the entire recruiting office with charges of harrassment to get them to stop calling my fat ass).

FlamingGlory said:

(I got 96 on the ASVAB).

Christ. What happened to A's, B's and C's?

Galen said:
Christ. What happened to A's, B's and C's?
All the grades I've ever had are numeric. An 'A' in the US is top 10%, 'A' on the A-Level and GSCE IIRC is top 20%. :shrug:

Our failure is 59% and below which would be equivalent to a 'D' in UK.

In elementary (primary) school I had a ESNU system for grading :p