Why do Asians have slanted eyes....

S

smileynev

...Seriously? What evolutionary necessity was there to explain the difference between Eastern Asian eye structure and the rest of the world? I understand that diet and lifestyle had a lot to do with height and weight differences between the East and West, but I don't get how that would affect other features.

For that matter, why are there so many differences in features among the various "races" of the world? Why do Africans tend to have broader noses and bigger lips? Why do Scandanavians have blonde hair? Are Africans black to help protect against the sun, something that Europe has less of year round?

That's a pretty interesting question......... I've thought about that from time to time too. Maybe it has something to do with their nomadic past, wandering around through the deserts or something, squinting against the sun and driving sand. :confused:

April23 said:
Why are you fat?

Goes back to our basic need to survive, especially in cold climates. Fatty foods taste good to ensure that we eat them. What I don't get is why veggies and crap don't taste better.

BigDov said:
That's a pretty interesting question......... I've thought about that from time to time too. Maybe it has something to do with their nomadic past, wandering around through the deserts or something, squinting against the sun and driving sand. :confused:

Japan and Southeast Asia aren't exactly full of deserts. Good idea though.

Nemo said:
Probably adapted to have small eyes to shield from the sun. I have a thing for azns right now. :drool:

Is there more sun in Asia then the rest of the world?

smileynev said:
Japan and Southeast Asia aren't exactly full of deserts. Good idea though.

For some reaon I'm thinking of the Mongol hordes...... what desert area were they always roaming around in?? Although that wouldn't explain the entire population of whole nations being that way.......

crap

smileynev said:
Is there more sun in Asia then the rest of the world?

they don't call japan "the land of the rising sun" for nothing

fake edit: at least it sounds like a valid explanation:lol:

BigDov said:
For some reaon I'm thinking of the Mongol hordes...... what desert area were they always roaming around in?? Although that wouldn't explain the entire population of whole nations being that way.......

crap

Conan?

I don't think the Mongols have nearly the slant to their eyes then their neighbors to the East. I think they're also taller and burlier too, aren't they?