Why do Asians have slanted eyes....

Nemo said:
Nope but round the equator people walk round nekkid cos it's hot etc. The chinese just choose to close their eyes and stay clothed...maybe ;)

China isn't exactly on top of the equator.

smileynev said:
Conan?

I don't think the Mongols have nearly the slant to their eyes then their neighbors to the East. I think they're also taller and burlier too, aren't they?

Cimmeria is real?

Actually, you're right. I think theirs are open more so they can shoot their bows and arrows........ and they are a bit bigger if I remember right.

Goddammit, now I know what I'm going to be doing at lunch today...... I need to know what this shit is all about.

smileynev said:
Is there more sun in Asia then the rest of the world?
No, but during the last ice age it took longer for the ice to retreat over there than europe and/or north america. Therefore, the increased sun reflections from the white ice caused them to be smaller.

Big eyes would have gone snow blind and died.

BigDov said:
google never fails to deliver...... clear at the bottom of the page. Seems like there's got to be something that started this though. Has to be.

http://www.yforum.com/race131-140.html

edit- I guess fly's got a better explanation than this bullshit

That doesn't answer the question at all. And fly is full of shit.

I read the title of the thread and thought to myself: Yup, that's a smileynev thread alright. Checking the threadstarter column confirmed this suspision. I was just about to continue reading the threadlisting for other threads when I figured I should go ahead and check the content just for the fun of seeing what stupid bullshit was in there. Upon reading the content of the first post I realized that the question(s) were actually something I could spend a few minutes thinking about without feeling I was wasting my time. Now I'm all confused and don't know what to do :(

I Robert I said:
I read the title of the thread and thought to myself: Yup, that's a smileynev thread alright. Checking the threadstarter column confirmed this suspision. I was just about to continue reading the threadlisting for other threads when I figured I should go ahead and check the content just for the fun of seeing what stupid bullshit was in there. Upon reading the content of the first post I realized that the question(s) were actually something I could spend a few minutes thinking about without feeling I was wasting my time. Now I'm all confused and don't know what to do :(

Find the answer to the question.

Another possible reason is that the eye size mutation is useless, but that area of the DNA also controls another feature that WAS useful over there.

fly said:
Another possible reason is that the eye size mutation is useless, but that area of the DNA also controls another feature that WAS useful over there.

You are quite the geneticist.

fly said:

Its not really the eye size. Its the epicanthic folds that make the eyes look smaller.

smileynev said:
You are quite the geneticist.
I remember reading an article about why the eyes of Innuits had a patch of fat over the eyes, but can't remember what it said and don't want to look for it. But they have a similar eye structure...

Nemo said:
The answer is: The is no reason, it's just a racial characterist. It's like asking "why do norwegians have more blonde people than british people do". :)

There is a reason. It isn't just happenstance.