Why are you here?

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's cuz they learned it when they were older, us native speakers pick up bad habits at a young age and keep them.

Probably right. I have a few bad habits I learned, and never have eliminated them :o

Late again ... I need to quit my job to keep up with these threads. I'm here because Fly invited me. It took me forever to join the [M] and then a few weeks later he invited me to this forum.

Kevlar said:
MILLIONS!! :D You guys need to come down and see the Chevy! :heart:

:D I shall! But I don't know when...my car started bleeding coolant over the weekend. :( Cost me almost $400 to get it fixed...I don't want to drive it long distances anymore.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's cuz they learned it when they were older, us native speakers pick up bad habits at a young age and keep them.
Here in Sweden we start reading English at the age of 10 or so. And continue to do so for the rest of our education.

That sucks. I just had to put a new heater core in the subby :( 380 bucks.

I did get the T-bird fixed. It was the fuel pump, so I had them install an in-line electric pump. Works great! Of course now it's raining and I can't drive it :p

Millions said:
:D I shall! But I don't know when...my car started bleeding coolant over the weekend. :( Cost me almost $400 to get it fixed...I don't want to drive it long distances anymore.

ChikkenNoodul said:
But we start when we're .5 and watching Barney or the Teletubbies on TV.

We have to unlearn all that shit first.
Getting brainwashed by that purple faggot at such an early age. Such a shame... :p

And I just posted that as an amazingly interesting tidbit for you all to share with your loved ones at the dinner table :D

Kabn said:
:wtf:

i use the worm pace.

once you get in the ~2500 range, getting to the points while they're spinning is all a matter of luck, and your point values plummet. whatever your system for dealing with your very long body, it can't really permit you to move about freely and get to the points in a timely matter. so you end up getting one apiece while your body continues to grow, and you only catch a few multi-point ones once in a while.

the only reason i think i got the 2700 is because i had two or three pop up right in my path as i was rounding a curve got two or three hundred points after slaving for a long time just trying to stay alive.

and i daresay you couldn't beat my score with a worm's pace, just because it introduces the above problem earlier in the game. you're fine until you hit the 2300 mark or so, then you can't more than one per hit, and you're not going to get 400 more.

*cough* 149 seconds *cough*

Kabn said:
how exactly are you coiling? i can't figure out how you do it in so little time.

Only thing I can think of is that I'm way more aggresive than you are in it. I would love to watch you play to see what you and I are doing differently.

Coqui said:
Only thing I can think of is that I'm way more aggresive than you are in it. I would love to watch you play to see what you and I are doing differently.

/agree

There's a few strategys in that game and in tetris that make a big difference...

sizzlinggrace said:
for tetris?? like what???

Like going for single rows with every block, or building up rows to wait for the 4x1 orange block to do 4 rows at once...

And the construction of the blocks while you're waiting for the 4x1 - put the slot in the middle, the sides? Which side?

If you go for one line at a time, do you make more of a pyramid or a valley?

When you run out of ammo, do you attack with your fists, or work back through the level and search for clips you might have missed the first time through?

Mondoz said:
Like going for single rows with every block, or building up rows to wait for the 4x1 orange block to do 4 rows at once...

And the construction of the blocks while you're waiting for the 4x1 - put the slot in the middle, the sides? Which side?

When you run out of ammo, do you attack with your fists, or work back through the level and search for clips you might have missed the first time through?

lol. i must win this game. stop posting good strategeries!

Coqui said:
i would like to see you play as well.

any video capturer programs out that that will do this?

Mondoz said:

what works for you? :o

sizzlinggrace said:
im no where near you, i think you're good

:) try waiting for the orange blocks to make the max number of lines at a time.

sizzlinggrace said:
what works for you? :o

Come on over here. I'll show ya what works for me... :drool:

I mean, I uh, I usually start on level 4-6, and build up everything but the far right column, waiting for the 4x1.
At that level, you get a lot of points for it, and you don't have anything cluttering up the screen. (If you start at level 1, the points are crap, and by the time you get to level 5, where the points start meaning something, you've probably got random junk at the bottom.)

After about level 8 or 9, I start going for just 2 or 3 lines at a time, using the L shaped bits.

After that, I just try to get any lines at all to work before randomly twitching myself to death.