GAY Why are the male Republicans so interested in lady bits all of a sudden?

thanks for making my point. You've got to get the parents more involved. You'll never change 100% of them, but you can get more of them involved which as noted, reduces teen sex and the consequences of it.

Stop trying to twist things to fit in with your narrow argument. Culture and society does not equate to 'parents' otherwise you're admitting that actually your parents suck compared to parents in other countries. Please say you accept that your parents are failures in comparison first, and then perhaps our arguments will be aligned. It's the natural conclusion to your logic.

Stop trying to twist things to fit in with your narrow argument. Culture and society does not equate to 'parents' otherwise you're admitting that actually your parents suck compared to parents in other countries. Please say you accept that your parents are failures in comparison first, and then perhaps our arguments will be aligned. It's the natural conclusion to your logic.

That's it? You want me to say that my parents failed? They were involved with me when I was growing up. In fact, other kids trusted my parents to give them the info when we held - wait for it- church youth group meetings at our house!! We even told all the other parents we were going to talk about sex!!

In a general consensus, parents as a group are failing their kids as a group. I don't think mine did at all.

That's it? You want me to say that my parents failed? They were involved with me when I was growing up. In fact, other kids trusted my parents to give them the info when we held - wait for it- church youth group meetings at our house!! We even told all the other parents we were going to talk about sex!!

In a general consensus, parents as a group are failing their kids as a group. I don't think mine did at all.

No, you will fail, there is nothing you can do about it. Your kids with have sex in the next 6 months, and end up pregnant cause you are teaching them they should wait.

So your parents are failing in comparison to parents in other countries? How awful for you.

Just restating what you are telling me, and since you are always right, it must be true.

:lol: If that's all you took from it you weren't thinking when you were reading. The FACT (yes facts, I know some people in this thread don't like them but they are actually more useful than things that aren't factual) is that some children, no matter what you do, no matter how you bring them up - WILL NOT DO WHAT YOU TOLD THEM TO!!!

Is this somehow a revelation?

:lol: If that's all you took from it you weren't thinking when you were reading. The FACT (yes facts, I know some people in this thread don't like them but they are actually more useful than things that aren't factual) is that some children, no matter what you do, no matter how you bring them up - WILL NOT DO WHAT YOU TOLD THEM TO!!!

Of course not, but it's the "so why even try" attitude behind it that's ludicrous. Guess what, if one of my kids does have sex before marriage, I'll love them just as much as I do now. Even more shocking, if they choose not to follow my beliefs and don't stay members of my religion, still love them, but it doesn't mean I want outside sources stepping in and telling them that what I am teaching them is wrong and so they should disregard it and go with what those outside sources are teaching.

Of course not, but it's the "so why even try" attitude behind it that's ludicrous. Guess what, if one of my kids does have sex before marriage, I'll love them just as much as I do now. Even more shocking, if they choose not to follow my beliefs and don't stay members of my religion, still love them, but it doesn't mean I want outside sources stepping in and telling them that what I am teaching them is wrong and so they should disregard it and go with what those outside sources are teaching.

Who is advocating indoctrinating children to sleep around as much as possible in schools? Like I said - what is the harm is teaching a child facts? Some parents like yourself will probably talk to their child in a mature manner about sex and all it involves, others never will, teaching them in schools is imperative.

The FACT (yes facts, I know some people in this thread don't like them but they are actually more useful than things that aren't factual) is that some children, no matter what you do, no matter how you bring them up - WILL NOT DO WHAT YOU TOLD THEM TO!!!

Why you think a one size fit's all solution only at school is beyond me.

These teens are all at different places hormonally. All on different maturity levels.

To you, when the kids get in 4th grade, the teachers must hand out one size bra for all girls to wear all year. in 5th grade, we will increase the size. We will do it again each year through high school. YOU MUST CONFORM.

Shoes, same thing.

6th grade football uniforms? ALL THE SAME SIZE. YOU WILL NOT DEVIATE.

that's what's wrong.

When it comes to teenage sexuality, it's the parents that tailor the specific needs to the specific child.

It's the parents that need help stepping up.

Less knee jerky? No not really, being told that no matter what I teach my kids and the decisions I make as a parent are going to fail anyway, so I might as well not try and conform to the world, stirs a strong reaction in me.

Again, a biology/health class that goes over the details and facts of what things (including contraception) are are one thing, a sex education class that teaches kids it's okay to have sex as long as you are doing it right is quite another. Also, I never had a sex education class in high school. I took an alternative course my parents chose from BYU (the Mormon university) that taught the subject matter in a way that corresponds with our religion, and I, wait for it, DIDN'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE! It can work. Also, I'm fully able to prevent pregnancy and take care of my body and sexual health.

Who is advocating indoctrinating children to sleep around as much as possible in schools? Like I said - what is the harm is teaching a child facts? Some parents like yourself will probably talk to their child in a mature manner about sex and all it involves, others never will, teaching them in schools is imperative.

These teens are all at different places hormonally. All on different maturity levels.

To you, when the kids get in 4th grade, the teachers must hand out one size bra for all girls to wear all year. in 5th grade, we will increase the size. We will do it again each year through high school. YOU MUST CONFORM.

Shoes, same thing.

that's what's wrong.

When it comes to teenage sexuality, it's the parents that tailor the specific needs to the specific child.

:lol: Because all parents know so much about their children, especially in a young, hormonal adolescent state.

Wait, what?

Shoes, same thing.

that's what's wrong.

you just said it yourself. kids in the same grade can vary wildly yet they all play sports together and go to mostly the same classes. you're the one over-complicating this unnecessarily.