why are people mean?

April23 said:
...why give them the satisfaction of knowing that you are that stressed and it bothers you that much. I wouldn't give someone anything if they treated me like that.

BIG point there. If a person knows they have hurt you it feeds into the process, and you've just rewarded them for whatever they did. Better if possible to not even let them realize that you know what they did, ignore it completely, and let them wonder if you even saw it at all. The possibilities for mind games in this regard are almost limitless :D Of course that doesn't work if what they did is really obvious.

It very rarely pays to stoop to the other person's level and start giving back what they give you. One exception would be bullies, who will back of very quickly if their victim fights back. You just have to make the best judgment of the situation you can, make up your mind what to do, cross your fingers and hope you're right.

April23 said:
So used to be best friends and aquaintences. Maybe its just me but if someone is trying to bring me down they get ignored and sometimes if they are lucky an eye roll. I'm big on the carefree way of looking at things, why give them the satisfaction of knowing that you are that stressed and it bothers you that much. I wouldn't give someone anything if they treated me like that.

Since everyone is being so serios in this thread (even elpmis sorta), I'll agree with this post.

Very rarely does something that someone does or says actually bother me. I dedicate my life to having the best time that I can. If there are people that try to inhibit that, I ignore them and move on. Nothing pisses off haters more than seeing you having a good time after they've tried their best to get under your skin. Therefore, I've gotten under their skin and that makes me even happier. It's an endless cycle.

Try to have the best time you can in life, everything else will sort itself out.

dreamwalker said:
BIG point there. If a person knows they have hurt you it feeds into the process, and you've just rewarded them for whatever they did. Better if possible to not even let them realize that you know what they did, ignore it completely, and let them wonder if you even saw it at all. The possibilities for mind games in this regard are almost limitless :D Of course that doesn't work if what they did is really obvious.

It very rarely pays to stoop to the other person's level and start giving back what they give you. One exception would be bullies, who will back of very quickly if their victim fights back. You just have to make the best judgment of the situation you can, make up your mind what to do, cross your fingers and hope you're right.
I'm a big believer in karma too, what goes around comes around why try to take matters into your own hands and have it kick your ass later. You're right, it doesn't pay to get at that persons level to return their "favors" you only get a temporary satisfaction thats still empty.

fly said:
Since everyone is being so serios in this thread (even elpmis sorta), I'll agree with this post.

You're being serious??? I didn't know you had it in you, almost brings a tear to my eye... :p

Nothing pisses off haters more than seeing you having a good time after they've tried their best to get under your skin.

Precisely. By going on with life as usual you win by having a good time, and you've gotten your revenge on them if you're so inclined. That makes it a win-win situation, and you've turned a bad situation around to your benefit.

dreamwalker said:

they know what they did was really obvious. direct lines to me such as "do the world a favor and go kill yourself" kinda hit home. i tend to ignore them, and yet when i do they're calling me a coward or they say that i can't respond because what they say is true

F33nX said:
they know what they did was really obvious. direct lines to me such as "do the world a favor and go kill yourself" kinda hit home. i tend to ignore them, and yet when i do they're calling me a coward or they say that i can't respond because what they say is true
But you are letting words get to you. They are just words from people who's opinions shouldn't have any affect on you because quite frankly, they are BAD people.

Go surround yourself with better people and let this go. Listen to us damn it. :fly:

F33nX said:
DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND MAKE ME SOME COOKIES!

:)

F33nX said:

My response to that would be to laugh. That's the best way I've come up to offset someone trying to hurt me. Use humor to difuse any venom they are throwing at you. And you really shouldn't worry about what people, who have little bearing on your day-to-day life, are saying about you. You need to work on ignoring the useless chatter. In 50 years, will you care about any of this? Probably not.

F33nX said:

Yeah, that's impossible to ignore. I wonder how they would respond if you said "Thank you for the advice, I think I will", then walk away. It might at least catch them off guard. If you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em.

I might be making a statement that is irrelevant here, and if I am ignore it, but what gives them the right to make that judgment about you? Unless there is a lot more than meets the eye here, you can reject their judgment. Sounds like you need to find other friends, for your own peace of mind.

Mean people suck, it's just that easy F33nX. I'm only mean when I have to be; someone picking on my kids, saying shit about my wife, that kind of thing. I generally won't say anything mean to or about anyone........ it gains me nothing.

dreamwalker said:
Yeah, that's impossible to ignore. I wonder how they would respond if you said "Thank you for the advice, I think I will", then walk away. It might at least catch them off guard. If you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em.

I might be making a statement that is irrelevant here, and if I am ignore it, but what gives them the right to make that judgment about you? Unless there is a lot more than meets the eye here, you can reject their judgment. Sounds like you need to find other friends, for your own peace of mind.

they really don't have any right to be making that kind of judgement call on me. what happened back in may affected them to some degree, but pretty much left my life in a state of devatstaion. i've come a really long way since then, rebuilt my life entirely, and instead of getting a pat on the back i got stabbed by these people, for no real reason other than they got together and decided to have fun by making my life a living hell

F33nX said:
they really don't have any right to be making that kind of judgement call on me. what happened back in may affected them to some degree, but pretty much left my life in a state of devatstaion. i've come a really long way since then, rebuilt my life entirely, and instead of getting a pat on the back i got stabbed by these people, for no real reason other than they got together and decided to have fun by making my life a living hell

Then they are not your friends
Fuck em and move on

F33nX said:

:mad: Are these people 'friends'??