Why are all the kids so fat and angry...

ChikkenNoodul said:
I hated football, I just liked tackling people and shit :lol:

I used to have an Uzi that looked exactly like the real thing, was mostly metal too :drool:

Now I could buy the real thing, but don't really want one anymore :fly: it's lower on the priority list

Do you remember the entertech battery powered squirtguns? those things were the shit. Then they added the orange tip on the barrel. Then they gayed them all up with colors and crap.

I also had a replica A-team branded M-16. That thing rocked, too.

smileynev said:
Do you remember the entertech battery powered squirtguns? those things were the shit. Then they added the orange tip on the barrel. Then they gayed them all up with colors and crap.

Heck yeah, those came out later on for me - those and the Laramie ones.

We either removed or repainted the orange tips on the later ones :D

A-team :drool:

smileynev said:

Yeah toy guns back in the day were pretty cool. Then kids started to die and cops started going to therapy and they turned out to be not so cool.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The cops have shittier aim now though, so we could bring 'em back.

Yeah I guess mere maimings are better than killings, statistically speaking at least. I'd rather be limping than dead.

smileynev said:
Eat less. Eat less fatty food. Exercise more. Simple answers that would fix everything.

The funny thing is the "eat less fatty food." You know what one very easy way to eat less food is? Thats right, eat more fatty food.

More than that, aren't we the most obese nation? It seems that everytime I hear of people getting back from overseas, they complain about how fatty all of the food is. They then follow that with the observation that everyone else eats less.

Though, in general, I agree with you. It is funny, but it seems to me that the one thing we could easily do to get everyone back in decent shape is to just start walking more. I realize that is exercise, but who really dreads walking anywhere? The only reason most of us don't is that it would take too long.

b_sinning said:
With the rise of children being abducted parents are more scared to let their children play down the raod at the park without supervision. When I was a kid I was outside playing as soon as my parents would let me until the sun went down.
I doubt there is a rise...

edit: repost

taeric said:
Actually, I believe last time I went home I saw less fat people than I do in Atlanta.

Of course, Montreal has proven odd. I've never seen so many rail thin people before. I would think that since it does get cold here, people would be a bit chubbier.

And there are lots of bums. (I guess it is a great place to peddle for change. It seemed the most dominant coin I had for a couple of days was the 2 dollar one.)

But isn't there a lot of Asians in Montreal thus why you saw a bunch of skinnier people?

but yes the problem is several things. ill name them off the top of my head.

1. more enertainment.
2. more kids being told that they can do anything (too big self esteem)
3. Parents who believe that letting their kids out of their sight will cause them to get kidnapped or stuck with a druggies needle (taking too much info from the news)
4. too many kids with bs extra currucular activities
5. larger food portions.

Ryokurin said:
But isn't there a lot of Asians in Montreal thus why you saw a bunch of skinnier people?

1. more enertainment.
3. Parents who believe that letting their kids out of their sight will cause them to get kidnapped or stuck with a druggies needle (taking too much info from the news)
5. larger food portions.

While there are definitely a lot of Asians here, the really skinny people I have been noticing are not Asian. Granted, I do think the REALLY skinny people are homeless. That sucks.

But it seems like all of the younger people (early twenties) are quite thin here. Just looking around the office I'm in right now, I see quite a few people that are probably considered over weight, but are far from obese. Granted, I'm also looking around and I know a few of the people bike to work. I really need to start doing that.

And seriously, when I lost a crap load of weight a couple of years ago I didn't up and start some new diet and routine. I simply got at least a mile of walking in every day. Sounds like a lot, I suppose, but it really isn't. I know people have heard it before, but if you simply take the stairs, park farther away, etc. it will make a difference. Sooner than you'd think, too.

Ryokurin said:

1. more enertainment.
5. larger food portions.
If you've ever eaten food in France, you'll know that larger food portions isn't the problem...

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've eaten at a few fine French restaurants, and the portions are all small - but by the time you leave you feel like you're going to explode.
Hmmm. I've never been, but I thought it was France where my friends said they gave you like an 8 course meal and were offended if you didn't eat it all.