Why are all the kids so fat and angry...

With the rise of children being abducted parents are more scared to let their children play down the raod at the park without supervision. When I was a kid I was outside playing as soon as my parents would let me until the sun went down.

I think that is a gross oversimplification of the problem. There most definitely is no single reason people are bigger nowdays than they were. If there was, it would be quite the easy thing to fix. Unfortunately, we're constantly looking for the golden miracle that will make everything better. Where has this gotten us? Probably into a state that is worse than we were when we started. :) Go figure.

taeric said:
I think that is a gross oversimplification of the problem. There most definitely is no single reason people are bigger nowdays than they were. If there was, it would be quite the easy thing to fix. Unfortunately, we're constantly looking for the golden miracle that will make everything better. Where has this gotten us? Probably into a state that is worse than we were when we started. :) Go figure.
A terrible state indeed ... like Alabama.

Actually, I believe last time I went home I saw less fat people than I do in Atlanta.

Of course, Montreal has proven odd. I've never seen so many rail thin people before. I would think that since it does get cold here, people would be a bit chubbier.

And there are lots of bums. (I guess it is a great place to peddle for change. It seemed the most dominant coin I had for a couple of days was the 2 dollar one.)

taeric said:
Actually, we need to get rid of the last 400,000 or so 'fixes' that were tried and go back to basics.

FlamingGlory said:
Posting news articles doesnt really spark meaningful discussion.

If you can't read the whole thing and post a meaninful retort thats not my fault.

b_sinning said:
With the rise of children being abducted parents are more scared to let their children play down the raod at the park without supervision. When I was a kid I was outside playing as soon as my parents would let me until the sun went down.

I honestly doubt the number of abductions has increased over the years. They're just more reported on today then in the past.

taeric said:

Eat less. Eat less fatty food. Exercise more. Simple answers that would fix everything.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's one of the things I like about the area we bought our new house in, is I still see kids playing by themselves without 'sanctioned' events.

I remember playing for as long as we could outside. Mainly baseball when we got older, but other stuff when we were younger. Heck, when it got dark we'd play tag or ditch until an eventual argument would break out about someone hiding out of bounds and we'd all go home.

We played our share of video games though, too. And when I got into middle school I went through an "awkward" stage where I did mostly stay inside and play games.

smileynev said:
I remember playing for as long as we could outside. Mainly baseball when we got older, but other stuff when we were younger. Heck, when it got dark we'd play tag or ditch until an eventual argument would break out about someone hiding out of bounds and we'd all go home.

We played our share of video games though, too. And when I got into middle school I went through an "awkward" stage where I did mostly stay inside and play games.
We'd go bike-riding in the woods and sledding way after dark, also played army quite a bit for sometimes days at a time.

Then of course, there were the impromptu soccer mixed with football games

ChikkenNoodul said:
We'd go bike-riding in the woods and sledding way after dark, also played army quite a bit for sometimes days at a time.

Then of course, there were the impromptu soccer mixed with football games

We played army a lot, back when you could buy realistic looking guns. We played golf on the soccer fields and would ride our bikes around in the park and woods near our houses. I wasn't much of a football fan until I got older.

smileynev said:
We played army a lot, back when you could buy realistic looking guns. We played golf on the soccer fields and would ride our bikes around in the park and woods near our houses. I wasn't much of a football fan until I got older.
I hated football, I just liked tackling people and shit :lol:

I used to have an Uzi that looked exactly like the real thing, was mostly metal too :drool:

Now I could buy the real thing, but don't really want one anymore :fly: it's lower on the priority list