NSFW Why am I so Useless?

I'll usually click on something that says ZZ Top.

Fun fact:

That album (revolver? eliminator? one of those albums from the later 80s anyway it's all a blur) there was no bass guitar track, it was all synthetic.
Did it really make a difference? :p I love ZZ Top for the lyrics and overall speed and vibe but yeah, let some synth work up a sweat on that shit. Dusty was never gonna get nominated for top bass player with those licks but Google says he got $60 mil in net worth as compensation. Not bad for a bass cadet. ;)

. . . Last night I saw the naked cowgirl . . she was dancing cross the ceiling.
. . .talkin 'bout some voodoo healin.

Once ZZ Top went synthy, I quit buying albums. The first bunch were the nuts. Guitars, bass, drums. The synth era helped feed them, so I can’t knock that, but the grit that launched them was missing.

When I saw them in Omaha, maybe 1977 or 78, they had live animals on stage, including a s longhorn steer.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: HipHugHer and Josh
Once ZZ Top went synthy, I quit buying albums. The first bunch were the nuts. Guitars, bass, drums. The synth era helped feed them, so I can’t knock that, but the grit that launched them was missing.

When I saw them in Omaha, maybe 1977 or 78, they had live animals on stage, including a s longhorn steer.

I once knew some bikers and amateur meth cooks who claimed Dusty owed them a bunch of money for dope.
I thought there might be something to it because come on, bass player, clinging to the main attraction, picking up the scraps, etc. But then I doubted it because amatuer, didn't know enough about chemistry to light a Bunsen burner, etc. Pretty dumb.

Bikers are pussies anyway. Some kind of stronger in emotional support groups but not really. As soon as one starts crying the rest follow suits like teenage girls.

Isolate them and they're just giant pussies.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I once knew some bikers and amateur meth cooks who claimed Dusty owed them a bunch of money for dope.
I thought there might be something to it because come on, bass player, clinging to the main attraction, picking up the scraps, etc. But then I doubted it because amatuer, didn't know enough about chemistry to light a Bunsen burner, etc. Pretty dumb.

Bikers are pussies anyway. Some kind of stronger in emotional support groups but not really. As soon as one starts crying the rest follow suits like teenage girls.

I think the same percentage of pussies exist in the biker population as in the bass player population or the general population. Hard to discuss pussies if we don't sub-divide into: physical pussies, emotional pussies, social responsibility pussies. Biker's who are ametuer meth cookers are ametuer bikers. "Better" bike clubs the members are more pro grade - within THEIR ethical and social rules. You wouldn't hear about their business. And the guy who ran his mouth would get his ass kicked. You were talking to guys who cling to the main attraction, pick up the scrap,etc.

Why you so bitch about Dusty? "CLinging to the main attraction, picking up the scraps? Sounds like a miserable, washed up musician who is walking through this world butthurt because it didn't happen? Talk about needing an emotional support group. Other than Adi, it feels like I am the only bass cadet who has played with other people in the last 3 years. So that kind of talk really harshs my fucking buzz.

You're only useless if you do so.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Honestly, I think BIlly GIbbons is nothing special at all on the guitar. But he's 50% great guitarist + 50% great songwriter +50% attitude +50% biker+ 50% Texan. It takes balls to stand there, play lame bass lines and pick up BIlly's oversized scraps. We'll never know if some sensitive, lyrical player who coulda gone solo is inside Dusty. He's currently holding $60 mill. of net worth. scraps you say. Dusty didn't need no ;)

• Gravy

We obviously knew different bikers. The ones I knew would kill you easily whether you were liked or not, and I witnessed one cut off his own thumb during a hand of 3 Card Guts. And he continued playing afterward also.

His name was “Buzzard” and was arrested later and they printed the thimb thinking it may be a victim’s. LOL

I was a pussy though.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
We obviously knew different bikers. The ones I knew would kill you easily whether you were liked or not, and I witnessed one cut off his own thumb during a hand of 3 Card Guts. And he continued playing afterward also.

His name was “Buzzard” and was arrested later and they printed the thimb thinking it may be a victim’s. LOL

I was a pussy though.
Holy shit your stories are amazing.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant

I was a pussy though.
Yes to All of that.
Bandleader for one group had once been an "almost 1%er". He gave us a very serious, 2 page handout with does/don't s when meeting and interacting with hard-core 1%.. 1. Don't stick out you hand, state your name and business - keep it short and then STFU. 2. If your woman starts ANY kind of shit, YOU are the one getting their head stomped. And so on and so forth. Scared straight, SIR!!

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

I was a pussy though.
Oh I met a few of those too. Turns out their old ladies are property and not free for the taking, no matter how agreeable said lady might be.
That was the night I learned what a 1%er was.
They still didn't kill me though. Probably because they were too scared to. Or maybe just because I was in the band the rest of them liked. Or maybe because the old lady said don't. Or maybe because they thought I might projectile vomit all over them just like I did the inside of her tent and damn near the inside of her body. Or maybe just because they're pussies. The world may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of that particular deal.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
Turns out enough tequila will solve just about any confrontation, mostly because folks get wary of other folks who got enough tequila in them.
Even the Mexicans get scared of Blanco loco.

• Gravy
I see not much has changed. Most people just post bullshit here while they're fucking off at work.
Remind me again just what it is we're paying you people for?
The idiot go-go girl is contributing more to society than half you schmucks.

• Gravy
I see not much has changed. Most people just post bullshit here while they're fucking off at work.
"I'm up late and will be groggy tomorrow but my theft from society (or just my own life) isn't nearly as bad as yours. " Odd virtue signaling.

Several of these people are sub-contractors, they are stealing from themselves. Ditto for those of us who are self-employed.

• Gravy
Sometimes between meal rushes, even McDonald's workers stand there, BS and play with their phones. :)

Woooop, woooop , a pooop, poop, poooop!
The Drop Football GIF

• Gravy
Watched a documentary the other day called Hey Moe! Hey Dad!.
Was pretty neat. Put together by Moe's son about life as a Stooge.