Who's working on Xmas Eve?

I shut down as soon as I got here.

Me too. :hs: Things are hectic here. :fly:

My roomies gf decided to borrow the truck and not return my set of keys. I got all the way to work today and realized I didnt have my office key. Had to drive all the way home and look like a jackass when I showed up 15 minutes late. My employees almost went home :(

As for going home, its out of the question now... SHOOOOOOT ME

My roomies gf decided to borrow the truck and not return my set of keys. I got all the way to work today and realized I didnt have my office key. Had to drive all the way home and look like a jackass when I showed up 15 minutes late. My employees almost went home :(

As for going home, its out of the question now... SHOOOOOOT ME

You lazy ass, get some work done.

There is no help for us today. Although we save each person we talk to about 200 bucks a year for a 5 minute phone call, we are still marketing. Nobody wants to talk to us the day after xmas :(

Oh yeah, I hate you people. When a number calls I do not know, I never answer just for this reason. :fly:

No, marketing calls.

Well if you lived in IL and were paying 600 bucks a month for natgas and I gave you 10% off of that without changing ANYTHING...

I still dont understand how we get "not interested" people :fly:

Each person we call saves between 50 to 100+ bucks a month for a full 12 months, anywhere from 600 to 2000 a year savings and these idiots stay with the utility :mad:

Well if you lived in IL and were paying 600 bucks a month for natgas and I gave you 10% off of that without changing ANYTHING...

Each person we call saves between 50 to 100+ bucks a month for a full 12 months, anywhere from 600 to 2000 a year savings and these idiots stay with the utility :mad:

Sign me up! I love scams!

So hypothetically if you could give me 10% off without changing anything, why do you need to call me to do it?

There is always a catch.

So hypothetically if you could give me 10% off without changing anything, why do you need to call me to do it?

There is always a catch.

it's a natural gas deregulation deal...companies used to have monopolies on regional markets and the govt made them open it up...it just means his company is making less money off the gas which they can likely afford to do so because of lower overhead by being a startup

edit: that's my guess anyway

Texas just went through electric deregulation. They provider was the same (TXU), just other companies were allowed to resell it. TXU's marketing campaign during that time was about how good their customer service was because their prices were forced to be higher than everyone else's. They are now allowed to compete, so it will be interesting to see how the resellers handle it.

Because 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 telemarketing calls are scams.

Texas just went through electric deregulation. They provider was the same (TXU), just other companies were allowed to resell it. TXU's marketing campaign during that time was about how good their customer service was because their prices were forced to be higher than everyone else's. They are now allowed to compete, so it will be interesting to see how the resellers handle it.

We have been selling the TXU market for 6 years :D

Although we dont sell in TX anymore I can still act as your energy broker and set you up with a price listing if you would like. We would not make any money off of it but I could find you the cheapest supplier...

TXU's prices are higher because the state regulates that they have to buy there gas/electric for the open market rate. They make all of there money delivering the energy to you, they dont lose or gain any money on the supply.

Last edited:

There is always a catch.

State regulates that we cannot change customers into our program without contacting them first. Even if we are lower than the Utilities price we cannot just move peoples accounts over to our company. They have the choice to chose who supplies there gas to them, we are not the only supply company. Sadly some of the other supply companies are locking people in to a 5 year contract at 60 cents per therm over the utility and its putting a bad name on our market.

it's a natural gas deregulation deal...companies used to have monopolies on regional markets and the govt made them open it up...it just means his company is making less money off the gas which they can likely afford to do so because of lower overhead by being a startup

edit: that's my guess anyway

Close...

The Utility company legally cannot go out and shop for gas, they have to buy it off the open market for whatever rate it is that month. Suppliers, such as us, can go out and shop for the cheapest price and we buy in bulk for many residents. That way we are buying a bunch at a low price and passing the savings down to the customer, through the utilities Customer Choice Program. Of course we make money but we make our money off the bulk savings, which doesnt effect the customers 10% off.