Pics Who's still listening to vinyl? Showoff your gear!

Ok, so I have been sorting through some boxes and have found CD-Rs and things. I've checked some and one of them had this trance mix on that I did in maybe 2002 or so. It was recorded in a club during the day for a giveaway CD to promote the club.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2eqj053v6cxf/n/Trance_2002ish.mp3
gonna have to go with ibiza. used to just chill to that shit

I'm thinking of getting my decks out soon and throwing some mixes together.

Anyone want to express a preference as I'm not sure what to do first

Early House - think Farley'Jackmaster' Funk, Marshall Jefferson etc
Disco House - circa 2000-2004
Deep House - think Roger Sanchez
Electro House - I may already have a mix somewhere from ten ish years ago
Crasher Trance mid 90's plus - think big room anthems with big breakdowns
Commercial Trance 2000 - Yomanda, William Orbit, Hi-Gate
Ibiza Chillout - think Groove Armada, Earth, Wind & Fire

definitely ibiza, i used to listen to that all the time

13QxFI4.jpeg

Hooray morning view was re-released, and the others were put on vinyl recently

Man, I need to document my dad's LP collection someday... Close to 300 LPs, some single sided 78's... There is a huge history of music from the 60's and 70's he has...

Well, I've gone and done some upgrading.

vintage Dual 1246 turntable. BOY oh BOY was this a huge upgrade over the Aiwa. It sounds GREAT. Its got a stanton 881s cartridge, which is epic. I have another one I think, hidden away for when i need a new stylus. I took it apart and cleaned the bottom out completely and regreased everything. The automatic start doesn't work correctly anymore, but I think thats due to a small piece of plastic in the arm. I don't know much about repairing turntables, so I have no pictures of any of this. My old man helped me through it.

Latest acquisitions. Sabbath's Master of Reality and Paranoid, early 70s Dutch pressings, Remastered 180g Rust in Peace, Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna to Heaven, an original pressing of Offspring - Ignition (spelling mistake on the vinyl and everything!), and The Bluetones - Return to the Last Chance Saloon. THAT one was fucking hard to find. It was only pressed in the UK, and every copy I was finding was like, $50 plus shipping. Then I checked MusicStack.com and found a copy in Japan. cost me $20 bucks shipped. This is easily one of my favorite albums, ever. I was so stoked.

And the last one:

So. Fucking. Good. I love Explosions in the Sky, and this is by far my favorite record of theirs. Epic from start to finish. Also, great sex music.

I buy vinyl sometimes, but I have no record player :hs:
I just know that generally artists get a bigger profit when you buy vinyl as opposed to another medium, and most of the time they come with a free digital download anyway.

vintage Dual 1246 turntable. BOY oh BOY was this a huge upgrade over the Aiwa. It sounds GREAT. Its got a stanton 881s cartridge, which is epic. I have another one I think, hidden away for when i need a new stylus. I took it apart and cleaned the bottom out completely and regreased everything. The automatic start doesn't work correctly anymore, but I think thats due to a small piece of plastic in the arm. I don't know much about repairing turntables, so I have no pictures of any of this. My old man helped me through it.

Latest acquisitions. Sabbath's Master of Reality and Paranoid, early 70s Dutch pressings, Remastered 180g Rust in Peace, Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna to Heaven, an original pressing of Offspring - Ignition (spelling mistake on the vinyl and everything!), and The Bluetones - Return to the Last Chance Saloon. THAT one was fucking hard to find. It was only pressed in the UK, and every copy I was finding was like, $50 plus shipping. Then I checked MusicStack.com and found a copy in Japan. cost me $20 bucks shipped. This is easily one of my favorite albums, ever. I was so stoked.

And the last one:

So. Fucking. Good. I love Explosions in the Sky, and this is by far my favorite record of theirs. Epic from start to finish. Also, great sex music.

gg on Ignition, it's often overlooked but it's a classic

I buy vinyl sometimes, but I have no record player :hs:
I just know that generally artists get a bigger profit when you buy vinyl as opposed to another medium, and most of the time they come with a free digital download anyway.

Well, I'm sure we could get you set up with a decent system for vinyl for not a whole lot of money if you want.

Also, I couldn't agree more on Ignition. Everyone just screams about Smash when it comes to that era, and forgets all about Ignition. Not that Smash was bad (come on, the best selling indie record EVER isn't going to suck), but Ignition is killer from start to finish as well.

Well, I'm sure we could get you set up with a decent system for vinyl for not a whole lot of money if you want.

Also, I couldn't agree more on Ignition. Everyone just screams about Smash when it comes to that era, and forgets all about Ignition. Not that Smash was bad (come on, the best selling indie record EVER isn't going to suck), but Ignition is killer from start to finish as well.

I don't have a job right now because of school (which is super expensive), so my hubs is the only breadwinner right now, and he doesn't much value music, let alone the music I'd listen to on it :lol:

Once I graduate and get a jerb and stuff I'll probably set something up. I grew up listening to my parents' records. I shouldn't even be spending money on records, but I am a sucker for good music, and especially bands where I know the $ will actually make its way to the artist.

no pics, everything is put away currently, record player is short a needle, but i have a classic b&o turntable and receiver and some beolab 1s, haven't had it running in ages, needles are very expensive.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D215EHG.jpg[/IMG]

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/my36RD6.jpg[/IMG]

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oYHrsKF.jpg[/IMG]

And the last one:

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1ZAp0Qx.jpg[/IMG]

i've tried many times to get into god speed... but it just doesn't do it for me./ EITS is one of my favorites, especially that album. Saw them live in Austin 2 years ago... by far one of the most powerful concerts i've been to. Definitely worth the balcony seating.

Did Wes ever post his shit? I don't understand buying records.

first page, and previous page. its mostly just a hobby for me. closest thing i have a "passion" for is music, and i don't have the patience or creative juices to learn an instrument.
i'll "upgrade" to something vintage some day