Wholly fuxxor, my neighbors hate my car

Most of our neighbors are pretty cool actually. One of them has brought us countless oranges, and offered to trim our trees while he was doing his. They also have kids our kids ages and we've had a few playdates. The ones on the other side we don't really know, but they don't cause any problems.

Most of our neighbors are pretty cool actually. One of them has brought us countless oranges, and offered to trim our trees while he was doing his. They also have kids our kids ages and we've had a few playdates. The ones on the other side we don't really know, but they don't cause any problems.

What is the deal with playdates? If these are your neighbors, don't your kids just go outside and play with the other neighborhood kids? Does it need to be organized? I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand. When I was growing up we all just went outside and found who in the neighborhood was available and hung out or did whatever. Rarely was it scheduled. Why don't people do that anymore?

What is the deal with playdates? If these are your neighbors, don't your kids just go outside and play with the other neighborhood kids? Does it need to be organized? I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand. When I was growing up we all just went outside and found who in the neighborhood was available and hung out or did whatever. Rarely was it scheduled. Why don't people do that anymore?

i don't live in a neighborhood that has small kids. most have older kids or out-of-the-house kids. i have to organize dates so they have friend time. also, kiwi and i have small kids that can't just go out and run free yet.

in general a lot of people litter in my neighborhood, so i'm always having to pull garbage out of the bushes. when i first moved in i filled three garbage bags with random snack wrappers and 40oz malt liquor bottles i pulled out from under the bushes.

me too.

i mean, who walks or drives along and is like "hey, i think I'll set this takeout box.. riiiiight here." and dump it in my yard?

the f*ck?!

Most of the time it isn't organized, Haylee comes in, wants to call a friend, we call them up and invite them over, but with this neighbor, it was a big play group with her girl scout troop the mom had planned and came over and invited Haylee to join them. Also, like Thorn stated, they aren't old enough to play outside without supervision yet, also most of her friends live far enough away they have to be driven to houses.

I'm all about the, go to the park/yard/street and play with whoever is there mentality, that's what we did, it's just not possible yet.