Wholefoods CEO, John Mackey?

Horrible examples..

How about one guy growing up in a trailer, learns how to be a plumber, makes at most $50,000 a year. Another guy who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and was pushed through ivy league schools to become a lawyer, makes $150,000 a year. Joe the plumber want to make more but with his education, all he can do is create his own plumbing business. He gets that up and running, but is now paying himself less ($35,000) in order to keep his company afloat. After two years in, he gets t-boned in a traffic accident by someone with no insurance, and no monetary assets to sue for. He can't work for the next year, and is forced to close his business. Leaving him broke for reason beyond his control.

we should chunk trillions into universal healthcare so this one off super bad luck situation never actually occurs.

People use this reasoning a lot. "We already pay taxes. What's a little more?"

I like this reasoning better: 'If we stop going to stupid and ultimately expensive wars on the back of trumped up evidence perhaps we could use our tax dollars for something actually useful and save lives instead of culling them'. How's that for reasoning?

I have a brilliant preposal too. If you end up with up national healthcare and you don't like it, why don't YOU leave the country? It's YOUR president and YOUR ELECTED nominees that will be choosing to have it.

I like this reasoning better: 'If we stop going to stupid and ultimately expensive wars on the back of trumped up evidence perhaps we could use our tax dollars for something actually useful and save lives instead of culling them'. How's that for reasoning?
That's precisely why I don't want my tax dollars increasing.

They are already being wasted.

I have a brilliant preposal too. If you end up with up national healthcare and you don't like it, why don't YOU leave the country? It's YOUR president and YOUR ELECTED nominees that will be choosing to have it.

Not sure what a preposal is... Does it involve marriage?

The US tax system doesnt work like that though. Here is details of current social security, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Insurance_Contributions_Act_tax this would be another system, added to that and regular income tax.

Since they are already fucking it up while taking 50% marginal tax (inc state) why would you give them more...

Last edited:
Not sure what a preposal is... Does it involve marriage?

The US tax system doesnt work like that though. Here is details of current social security, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Insurance_Contributions_Act_tax this would be another system, added to that and regular income tax.

Since they are already fucking it up while taking 50% marginal tax (inc state) why would you give them more...

your taxes would be a lot lower if you didn't live there...that's your choice

this is quintessential 'liberal speak.'

would you listen to all the negative nellys in here? man.

it's like you guys just want to talk yourselves into a fairytale about how you're going to spend other peoples money and how everyone will get little chocolate candies on their hospital beds, shots won't hurt, etc, ignoring that your other monolithic pet projects are just sucking resources dry.