Wholefoods CEO, John Mackey?

Wait wait, games back on. w_a_w is upset at how horrible America is. 10 yard penalty, repeat first down.

no guilt here, I would just like a better country to live in

me too.

I think where we differ is coming up with better regulations for the healthcare industry so they can operate in a framework that allows better access for all vs. handing over the industry to the federal government.

Obama has already said that he intends to increase user coverage by 15% and decrease the current costs.

the ONLY way to decrease current costs is to limit the amount of coverage.

Unfortunately Casmo, whether you like it or not, you have to share a society with these lazy good-fer-nothings. And whether you like it or not it's a pretty nice thing to keep them alive and in shelter. I don't like how easy things are in this country, I know people who have been on 'welfare' for years and years. It's just tough sh*t. You wanna work and pay for them then go ahead, like me. I just don't bitch about it. Let them do what the f*ck they want.

You know what would be better? If we implemented a reciprocal aid system. The more useful you are to society, the more aid you qualify for. You want career training? You got it. You want to sit on your butt and drink? Here's your ditch. Go lie down.

And FYI any system can be worked round. My friends who have been on benefits for years, they've had the training, they've been to the interviews, they've been on half pay for being caught scamming, do they have jobs? Do they fuck. :lol: Some people don't like this system (and rightly so) and think it's bullshit, staying at home drinking with friends every day is pretty attractive and so some people do that. It's just the way it goes I'm afriad.

Wait wait, games back on. w_a_w is upset at how horrible America is. 10 yard penalty, repeat first down.

I don't think it's horrible but if it can possibly be better then why not try?
this bill is like a new person coming to the forum. you'll all relentlessly beat the shit of them until one day you decide they're cool and end the hostility :lol:

me too.

I think where we differ is coming up with better regulations for the healthcare industry so they can operate in a framework that allows better access for all vs. handing over the industry to the federal government.

Obama has already said that he intends to increase user coverage by 15% and decrease the current costs.

the ONLY way to decrease current costs is to limit the amount of coverage.

I have no problem with tweaking it. making it work better is welcome

I don't think it's horrible but if it can possibly be better then why not try?

Because the attempt will suck additional billions and perhaps trillions of dollars out of a country where 1 in 10 people are currently unemployed, while not actually accomplishing anything and doing nothing whatsoever to fix the disgustingly wasteful spending that plagues every single other program and administration at the federal level.

I have no faith whatsoever in our elected officials or their committees and panels devising an optimal healthcare plan, and I eagerly await whatever third party assessments we receive after the fact so we can all sit down and chuckle over what a gigantic waste of time and money it was.

I would love to know exactly how much money evaporates into thin air in this country every year WITHOUT bloated healthcare reform. No one knows, and no one has the stomach to find out. Oversight committees offer "estimates" regarding particular initiatives, budgets, and projects and then are promptly ignored anyway.

In closing, from last November:

Faced with an unprecedented federal budget deficit of $1 trillion or more next year, President-elect Barack Obama vowed Tuesday to do what most presidents before him have tried: cut wasteful spending.

Like President Bush, Obama promised to target wealthy farmers who receive federal aid.

Like Bill Clinton, he stressed the importance of reducing health care spending.

Like Ronald Reagan, he pledged to go line by line through the federal budget in search of reductions.

Like Jimmy Carter, he pledged to target programs that have outlived their usefulness.

lol

Because the attempt will suck additional billions and perhaps trillions of dollars out of a country where 1 in 10 people are currently unemployed, while not actually accomplishing anything and doing nothing whatsoever to fix the disgustingly wasteful spending that plagues every single other program and administration at the federal level.

I have no faith whatsoever in our elected officials or their committees and panels devising an optimal healthcare plan, and I eagerly await whatever third party assessments we receive after the fact so we can all sit down and chuckle over what a gigantic waste of time and money it was.

I would love to know exactly how much money evaporates into thin air in this country every year WITHOUT bloated healthcare reform. No one knows, and no one has the stomach to find out. Oversight committees offer "estimates" regarding particular initiatives, budgets, and projects and then are promptly ignored anyway.

In closing, from last November:

lol

so you're unfamiliar with the pentagon black budget, how much we've pissed into the wind on our war against terror and drugs, etc, ad nauseum

if we didn't put so much into other inane BS we'd actually be paying less in taxes and STILL be able to help our own

so you're unfamiliar with the pentagon black budget, how much we've pissed into the wind on our war against terror and drugs, etc, ad nauseum

if we didn't put so much into other inane BS we'd actually be paying less in taxes and STILL be able to help our own

Yes, because we all support the 'war on drugs'...

Also the classified military budget is included in the total, just not listed in the breakdown. People have known this for years. 50 billion-ish last year.

I'm talking about spending MY money. I have no kids, don't own property, and make a good bit of money which means I pay A LOT of taxes. I'm still not a greedy jerkoff regardless of those factors and wouldn't mind giving more if it made this country even the slightest bit more tolerable. Grow up.

then start a non-profit insurance company to compete with the big dogs and get all your other like minded people to contribute tons of your own money to cover everyone. nobody wants to take it upon themselves though, they want the 'government' to do it becuase they know it'll never be financially viable. it'll be a giant money pit and administration nightmare on epic proportions.

otherwise, stfu and back away from MY money. i give 10% to charities, if my taxes go up i'm gonna give a helluva lot less to compensate. my bottom line at the end of the day won't change unless my taxes go up more than 10%.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Casmo, whether you like it or not, you have to share a society with these lazy good-fer-nothings. And whether you like it or not it's a pretty nice thing to keep them alive and in shelter. I don't like how easy things are in this country, I know people who have been on 'welfare' for years and years. It's just tough shit. You wanna work and pay for them then go ahead, like me. I just don't bitch about it. Let them do what the fuck they want.

They can also do what they want /without/ taking my money. The only difference is there is a lot more incentive for them to contribute if their mortality is on the line.