WTF Who would have thought a desert would have such exciting weather

When I previously lived in NH, it got colder there but always felt colder with the wind in the city.

We'll see how it goes this winter, we're ~800 ft higher than we were before and in a much snowier area.

I told ya that my friends and I have a saying about cold after we visited in Feb.

"Hey, is it cold out yet?"

"YES"

"Boston cold?"

"Well no."

btw, i loved it. :happy:

:lol:

A local ranch manager told me yesterday that the hardwood trees in last years ice storm sounded like grenades going off when they split and toppled.

yup, we had huge power lines snapping in the big ice storm of '98

do a GIS on Ice Storm 98, it's beautiful and scary all at once.

Last edited:
:lol:

A local ranch manager told me yesterday that the hardwood trees in last years ice storm sounded like grenades going off when they split and toppled.

Or you could just live in not-so-shitty areas.

Yeah, we had a doozy in Denver back in 99 or 2k. Was something else, to be sure. Everything covered with ice, the sound of explosions as heavy tree limbs fall and take out power lines, homes cold for days with no power. Had a waterbed at the time. Boy did that suck.

Apparently our work decided to put all of its collections stuff in Phoenix, rather that St Pete, because "nothing ever happens out there." Due to the holes in the roof, there is some talk that the entire phoenix site may be shut down for a week. Ooops, guess you idiots should have put it at both sites, like everything else.

:fly:

Apparently our work decided to put all of its collections stuff in Phoenix, rather that St Pete, because "nothing ever happens out there." Due to the holes in the roof, there is some talk that the entire phoenix site may be shut down for a week. Ooops, guess you idiots should have put it at both sites, like everything else.

:fly:

Odd, I haven't heard this.

Houston?

I'm chuckling a little bit inside right now.

Houston is indeed not-so-shitty of a city. Weather? Good (not great in the summer, but the rest of the time more than makes up for it. Job market? Great. Housing market? Great. Tax rate? Great. Culture? Great. (and I am not talking about the homosexual kind)

Certainly Houston might even be better than "not-so-shitty".

It wasn't so bad at our house, lots of rain and mud, but nothing the kids had to come in out of, but after looking at some of the other pics around the valley, dang. One neighbor's parent's house is just a mess, skylights busted, roofs down, trees uprooted everywhere, lots of flooding. Nothing like what the East coast just dealt with though.