Who wants to start a pool on energy prices?

I know how that goes. I originally purchased it to be a DD while I modded my Dakota but I've managed to get bitten by the boost bug so I'm going to mod this too. I've got a ton of stuff going on as well, school, work, remodeling my condo, you know. I'm jealous of your garage for sure, all I have is a parking spot.

Thanks, I really like it. Here's a pic if you're interested. The directory is browsable too, there's lots of pics.
http://omg-stfu.com/temp/87Daytona/DSCN1986.JPG

:cool: at first I was wondering why you had that ugly bra on there :lol: looks like the engine pooped on the ground

The garage rocks but the truck won't fit :(

FlyNavy said:
15mpg is worth it when you can do this

DSC06256.JPG

park on a curb? :confused:

FlyNavy said:
:cool: at first I was wondering why you had that ugly bra on there :lol: looks like the engine pooped on the ground

The garage rocks but the truck won't fit :(
yeah, it came with the car because of the paint issue. I'm actually going to (hopefully) paint the whole car primer black and roll like that for a while until I have the time to strip it completely for a decent repaint.

Coqui said:
:p

Trucks are getting better with mileage now though aren't they?
:p

Not by much, I believe. Most trucks are still in the high teens, low 20s at best. I dunno about the Ridgeline but then again I wouldn't trust towing to a unibody vehicle. Period.

SpangeMonkee said:
What kinda crack are you smoking? Even if it was a hybrid, it would still be cheaper to operate. Though, a standard Civic is your best choice 30-40mpg and it has one of the highest dependability rating over all other cars. My '94 Civic (previously my wife's) has 182K miles and still gets 35mpg. The operating cost of the car over a month, year or lifetime is WAAAAAAY cheaper than any SUV.

Truck = Paid off.
Civic = New car payment.

Advantage, Truck.

I purchase any vehicle, new used or newsed, and I immediately increase my monthly vehicle expenditure beyond what I am currently paying. Now, in 48 hours I move 5.2 miles from my office, reducing my monthly vehicle expenditures to below $200/mo. In order for the civic to be cheaper than what I will be paying for the truck I would either have to pay cash (unfortunately not in the cards at this time) or finance less than $5k. Sorry, but I have no interest in driving a '91-'95 civic at this time.

For the record, my Honda Magna gets ~45mpg, reducing my commuting costs to around $30/mo. If I can find a place around the new condo to store it (even under a cover) without the hoodlums jacking it up that will more than likely be my commuter car (on sunny days).

smileynev said:
My diesel F-350 will tow a lot more than that and gets mid-20's

And it's 13 years old...
which is why I will one day own a Duramax. diesel engines, like good scotch and latin girls, only get better with age :o

Last edited:
BeeRad said:
All, I work for Corporate Energy Services and we broker ESCO's to different marketers which in turn sell Energy for the suppliers. We do a pretty good deed for most of our clients:)
Gotcha.

reverendsaintjay said:
Truck = Paid off.
Civic = New car payment.

Advantage, Truck.

I purchase any vehicle, new used or newsed, and I immediately increase my monthly vehicle expenditure beyond what I am currently paying. Now, in 48 hours I move 5.2 miles from my office, reducing my monthly vehicle expenditures to below $200/mo. In order for the civic to be cheaper than what I will be paying for the truck I would either have to pay cash (unfortunately not in the cards at this time) or finance less than $5k. Sorry, but I have no interest in driving a '91-'95 civic at this time.

For the record, my Honda Magna gets ~45mpg, reducing my commuting costs to around $30/mo. If I can find a place around the new condo to store it (even under a cover) without the hoodlums jacking it up that will more than likely be my commuter car (on sunny days).

If dan and I move to LA we could give you the Sentra. We are also gonna have issues with where to put the bike if we go there. Renting again is gonna suck. :(

I must say I love my Corolla. It gets about 40 hwy and 30-35 city, takes 87 gas, and seems to be reliable enough.

I did just pay 2.99 for gas today which made me very unhappy. I can't prove it, but I remember reading about a law passed in Ohio last year where they switched to more expensive but cleaner burning fuel to help reduce emissions. At that time they got rid of required emissions testing on cars here. Perhaps this is why gas here seems to be more expensive than many other places. Perhaps Ohio has already switched to ethanol. I can't say for certain, but I suspect that is the case. If so, we've already seen our gas prices go up and we won't have the expense shock now.