who wants to have dinner with me?

:drool: You don't have to ask me twice. How much is a ticket to get down there?

ieholly said:
eh. not really. you don't know what chicken fried steak is? maybe its a texas thing.

Nope it's not a texas thing :) I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

And yes a big old chicken fried steak with gravy, some fried okra and maybe even some corn or mashed potatoes sounds soooooo good right now :drool:

okra isn't too good imo...I can deal with it in stew or something like that but not very fond of it on it's own
I grew up in NY though and had never even heard of okra until I moved to the south:p

BigDov said:
Nope it's not a texas thing :) I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

And yes a big old chicken fried steak with gravy, some fried okra and maybe even some corn or mashed potatoes sounds soooooo good right now :drool:

wtf is chicken fried steak then?? I'm thinking a steak that's been breaded in flour and panfried right?? Cuz that what I call cube steak, or country fried steak.

Pandora said:
wtf is chicken fried steak then?? I'm thinking a steak that's been breaded in flour and panfried right?? Cuz that what I call cube steak, or country fried steak.

country fried steak = chicken fried steak

why_ask_why said:
okra isn't too good imo...I can deal with it in stew or something like that but not very fond of it on it's own
I grew up in NY though and had never even heard of okra until I moved to the south:p

its an acquired taste. I only learned to like it after my school system served it constantly over the years.

anyways, if you had been at work I would say go to fatburger, but its still is a drive and its definitely is a drive if you live where I think you do.