who here lives by themselves?

tre said:
living on your own is much better than putting up with people's crap. unless you can find someone who's crap you can put up with, get a place on yer own for sure. tis a good thing my wife can put up with my crap.

is your crap of epic proportions?

I'm an extremely independent person and dealing with someone else's shit in my house everyday would make me kill them. Plus they would inevitably eat some of my groceries, which would be the start of WWIII.

Thorn Bird said:
i'm sure you'd be lonely at some points. that doesn't mean that living alone is a bad thing. only you would know for sure if you'd be comfortable with living alone, even with the loneliness that will come sometimes. hell, people get lonely sometimes living WITH someone. it's a part of being human.
only you will be able to determine if you can afford it. i'd say if you're not financially responsible, then no, don't get a place of your own. if you are, then you can make it happen, one way or another.
i think that people can learn a whole lot about themselves while living alone. even if, when the time comes, you are no longer living by yourself and you realize you didn't enjoy it, i'd still say that it can't be a bad thing. it just might strengthen parts of yourself to make yourself better.
good luck, whichever way you decide to go. there is no right or wrong answer here. :)

Friends with benefits. "Hey, wanna come over and watch t.v.? I'm lonely."

Bow chicka wow wow.

Sarcasmo said:
This is why I don't have roommates. That's just nasty.
:rolleyes:

the kitchen needs to be kept clean. and the expensive knives do not go in the dishwasher. and i hated roomates stealing my food because they were too lazy to go do groceries themselves. i was out of plates one day, and discovered 6 of them (all dirty) in my housemate's room. fuckin gross.

Sarcasmo said:
I'm an extremely independent person and dealing with someone else's shit in my house everyday would make me kill them. Plus they would inevitably eat some of my groceries, which would be the start of WWIII.

I have a great deal worked out with my buddy I moved in with...I pay a flat fee for rent, bills, and groceries...I generally eat out anyway though :)
I said eat out :drool:

Dharma1521 said:
I loved living alone, I have always been the type of person who needs alone time. Plus, you can cook naked.

pro tip: don't cook bacon that way. it spatters.

InfluX said:
i have two :( but they are at the apartment i used to live in. i don't quite have the heart to run in there and take them back right now.

i have decided that i'm going to become a crazy cat lady in my old age. who care's if i'm allergic to the little bastards.
The longer you live with an individual cat, the more antibodies you will build up to his allergans... thus reducing your reaction to him.

zengirl said:
The longer you live with an individual cat, the more antibodies you will build up to his allergans... thus reducing your reaction to him.

i learned this a few years back when i insisted on keeping cat #1 in my dorm room. she was going to be sent to the pound otherwise. i was miserable for the first two or three months, several asthma attacks later all was well. :p

Since dorm room living doesn't count, I have never lived by myself. If I do, it won't be for a very long time and I'm not really looking forward to the day that would create the circumstances that would put me living by myself.

tre said:
:rolleyes:

the kitchen needs to be kept clean. and the expensive knives do not go in the dishwasher. and i hated roomates stealing my food because they were too lazy to go do groceries themselves. i was out of plates one day, and discovered 6 of them (all dirty) in my housemate's room. fuckin gross.
You shouldve killed him.