FYI Who here gets a government check?

they should prioritize those ss checks by whoever actually paid into the system gets money out of it first.

besides, obama holds back those checks it'll get turned back on him and be a nightmare politically.

He's not holding back the checks. He's letting you know how the GOP wants to fuck with America.

They cut it in half for a few weeks in April this year already.

It's harder to get your hands on weapons on a military base than it is in most the rest of the US btw.

not exactly, none of us got paid late. some of us got paid a little early just in case but everyone got their full dfas by the 15th

in this case, my credit union will probably cover the first paycheck or two until the government unfucks itself but otherwise we'll be SOL. at least I can say I work for my check even if my 14 hours is in the relative comfort of a stateside desert

Wondered how it turned out because there was some amount of panic and the les looked all screwed up. Stupid thing is the DoD is the only agency that can spend money without appropriations.

far from the only but when other agencies do it it's usually defense/ct related

but with rare exception no one missed a pay day, les looked odd for most because in many cases the first week was paid on the 7th or 8th then the remainder on the 15th

part of the reason that people - and by people i generally mean lazy fucking dependents who do nothing at home and want their husbands to deploy in order to buy new furniture, fucking cunts - were all onoz panic is because a lot of us have allotments for housing and other major bills that come out directly from dfas before even going to the personal account so even if you had money saved it up it required additional paperwork to pay things that are supposed to be covered by those allotments

also, the other factor was that a LOT of people in uniform have shitty personal financial management. I wanted to choke a dumbass i was working with at the time because he was raging about it when the only reason he's broke is because he wastes all his money on stupid shit

Last edited:
lol, I'm sure you've seen the number of BRAND NEW TRUCKS that show up when units redeploy to the states. it's just dumb >.<