who else is enthralled with the new texas holdem fad?

btw i'm about to leave for monroe to play in a tourney at a poker club up there

SpangeMonkee said:
I started and stop playing texas hold 'em well before it was on tv.

You were one of the rouders kids right? thats when we started, and the fact that I had a friend was always hardcore into it that pushed us into trying.

I've played it before and through absolutely pure blind luck managed to win some money. I'd do it again if I had money to throw around like that.

But yeah, happily neverafter kicks the shit out of me at gin everytime we play

I get together with some guys around town and play poker every few weeks. It's a only a $20 buy in and really friendly. Just an excuse for use to get away from the wives. We play Hold'em, Omaha, and 7 card.

b_sinning said:
I get together with some guys around town and play poker every few weeks. It's a only a $20 buy in and really friendly. Just an excuse for use to get away from the wives. We play Hold'em, Omaha, and 7 card.
you should try some low in the hole. that game owns.

you get 3 cards dealt down, you must choose one to turn up. your lowest hole card is wild (if you turn it up it is no longer a hole card). then you get dealt 3 more cards face up, then one down. you bet with each card after the first three. if the last down card you get is lower than your previous "low in the hole" card, then your wild card changes. an ace can be low or high so it's always good to keep any aces down to keep your options open.

jaxxor said:
I've played it before and through absolutely pure blind luck managed to win some money. I'd do it again if I had money to throw around like that.

But yeah, happily neverafter kicks the shit out of me at gin everytime we play
Then stop drinking gin you drunk. :p