Who else hates IE7?

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
I'm creating this thread to vent about M$'s newest dog, IE7.

I have had more negative experiences with this browser than any prior installation...ever. I have had it wreak havoc on custom applications, out of the box applications, many of my currently designed webpages do not work properly on this browser, and most recently a security update actually caused my video drivers to get smashed.

That's right, a security fix for IE7 caused my video drivers to disappear and blacked out the display so that not even boot and post screens could be seen. Luckily I had remote desktop enabled and could log in remotely to remove the stupid security patch. As soon as I removed the patch, video worked fine.

Who else has had negative experiences with IE7? What can M$ be thinking releasing this kind of crap when there are other competitors taking market share? Is this a preview of the horrors that will be had if I install Vista? *shudder*

Here's some other info:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2006/08/08/internet-explorer-7-sucks-on-standards/
http://andreineculau.wordpress.com/2006/07/06/internet-explorer-7-sucks/
http://www.ie7sucks.com/

havent seen or used it yet. We are forbidding our users to have it.

This has been my problem, most of my "users" are not those that I have direct control over their technology. Lucky me, windows' auto update seems to have upgraded them already.

a couple of the users in our office have it too. it's fucking crap. it was enough trouble fighting to get what few webpages i design to work in FF and IE6, now i have the change them further to get them to work in IE7. it also doesn't seem to update the icon in the address bar once it's been set. no amount of clicking and dragging it will get it to reload.

it's the worst crime perpetrated by MS since the last time they released software.

a couple of the users in our office have it too. it's fucking crap. it was enough trouble fighting to get what few webpages i design to work in FF and IE6, now i have the change them further to get them to work in IE7. it also doesn't seem to update the icon in the address bar once it's been set. no amount of clicking and dragging it will get it to reload.

it's the worst crime perpetrated by MS since the last time they released software.

"IE7 will only support 54% of the CSS 2.1 standard, as compared to 52% in IE6 and 93% in Firefox 1.5 and 96% in Opera 9."

I'm not primarily a web developer but that would piss me off.

This has been my problem, most of my "users" are not those that I have direct control over their technology. Lucky me, windows' auto update seems to have upgraded them already.

Lucky for em we have stripped all 1200 users admin rights and placed them all in the User group... which has opened a whole new can of worms with getting a crap load of programs to work correctly.

Lucky for em we have stripped all 1200 users admin rights and placed them all in the User group... which has opened a whole new can of worms with getting a crap load of programs to work correctly.
i was taking a crack at helping out a friend who runs a small business lock down employee computers. at he same time he asked me to install quick books on each machine.

i ended up doing a whole lot of nothing.

i was taking a crack at helping out a friend who runs a small business lock down employee computers. at he same time he asked me to install quick books on each machine.

i ended up doing a whole lot of nothing.

The drama over at [m] is apparently starting to push people to other pastures.

The drama over at [m] is apparently starting to push people to other pastures.
you betcha ass. i'm really happy to see so many people online here... i keep giving up after trying for a couple days.

I got a two day time out for calling Sanjay Lowtax. But at least Lowtax only charges you once for search instead of an annual tax. :rolleyes:
yup. i closed the window when i read his douchebag legalese about AEC being lifetime but not search and could anyone prove lifetime search had been promised.

edit: as an aside... anyone know why i only have 25 marklar? i thought i had more before

Last edited:
I got a two day time out for calling Sanjay Lowtax. But at least Lowtax only charges you once for search instead of an annual tax. :rolleyes:

I remember reading that post and can't possibly see how that would be deemed offensive. Much less enough to warrant bananation.

Firefox since about 02 as well. Has almost everything I could ask for in a browser, and if it doesn't it'll have an add-on somewhere.

yup. i closed the window when i read his douchebag legalese about AEC being lifetime but not search and could anyone prove lifetime search had been promised.

edit: as an aside... anyone know why i only have 25 marklar? i thought i had more before

Wait so then why do I not have AEC but I do have search still? Blah. Bastards.

All the marklar was reset like 6 months ago.

Firefox since about 02 as well. Has almost everything I could ask for in a browser, and if it doesn't it'll have an add-on somewhere.

I adopted FF in 2004 and have been with it ever since. IE keeps getting looser and looser while FF keeps getting tighter.