who are your personal heroes?

polo

Flaccid Member
Aug 1, 2007
Marklar
₥0
during a conversation today i realized that everyone has heroes - to an extent mine is and always has been Robin Hood, as I fancy myself as a bit of a Robin Hood character and would more than happily live in the forest, clad in green and piss about with a bow and arrow all day. However, this was said to be a bit of a cliched answer, so here are two of my heroes other than that, both non-fictional of course but seeing as i rarely read fiction, that would be hard.

Guy Fawkes

Fawkes_arrest2.jpg

i'll use the trite statement and say he was the last honest man to enter the house of parliament. however, i have to admire the mans absolute balls of steel, sticking to his cause and being tortured and killed for it. the idea of removing the king and nobility at this time in english history would have been fantastic, and had it succeeded what a fantastic world we may live in today. also, i fucking love that tache.

Balthasar Gérard

761px-Moordwillemzwijger2.jpg

my second has to be mister gérard - another assassin of course, but in different circumstances

Upon being interrogated by the magistrates, he showed neither despair nor contrition, but rather a quiet exultation. He said that "Like David, he had slain Goliath of Gath."

the whole build-up and his final assassination of king william of orange reads like the stuff of fiction - to place myself in the netherlands at the time in hat and tails is one of my favourite fantasy's. not so much his ideals, which were at the behast of king phillip of spain, but the actual assassination of quite a powerful king at such a time in the nations history was admirable, while the desired outcome was not achieved.

both assassins, both catholic - draw your own conclusions, however, i admire their dedication to both of their causes. for that reason, both characters remain an inspiration to me. also, both have moustaches, which is my new thing.

so go on UF - list yours and why, maybe they're not as boring as mine, maybe they're anime, but i'm sure you have some which inspire you in everyday life.

Marquis de Sade
Sade lived a scandalous libertine existence and repeatedly procured young prostitutes as well as employees of both sexes in his castle in Lacoste. He was also accused of blasphemy, a serious offense at that time. His behavior included an affair with his wife's sister, Anne-Prospere, who had come to live at the castle.

One of Sade's first major scandals occurred on Easter Sunday in 1768, in which he procured the sexual services of a woman, Rose Keller[3] – whether she was a prostitute or not is widely disputed. He was accused of taking her to his chateau at Arcueil, imprisoning her there and sexually and physically abusing her. She escaped by climbing out of a second-floor window and running away. It was at this time that la Presidente, Sade's mother-in-law, obtained a lettre de cachet from the king, excluding Sade from the jurisdiction of the courts. The lettre de cachet would later prove disastrous for the marquis.
:cool:

during a conversation today i realized that everyone has heroes - to an extent mine is and always has been Robin Hood, as I fancy myself as a bit of a Robin Hood character and would more than happily live in the forest, clad in green and piss about with a bow and arrow all day. However, this was said to be a bit of a cliched answer, so here are two of my heroes other than that, both non-fictional of course but seeing as i rarely read fiction, that would be hard.

Guy Fawkes

Fawkes_arrest2.jpg

i'll use the trite statement and say he was the last honest man to enter the house of parliament. however, i have to admire the mans absolute balls of steel, sticking to his cause and being tortured and killed for it. the idea of removing the king and nobility at this time in english history would have been fantastic, and had it succeeded what a fantastic world we may live in today. also, i fucking love that tache.

Balthasar Gérard

761px-Moordwillemzwijger2.jpg

my second has to be mister gérard - another assassin of course, but in different circumstances

the whole build-up and his final assassination of king william of orange reads like the stuff of fiction - to place myself in the netherlands at the time in hat and tails is one of my favourite fantasy's. not so much his ideals, which were at the behast of king phillip of spain, but the actual assassination of quite a powerful king at such a time in the nations history was admirable, while the desired outcome was not achieved.

both assassins, both catholic - draw your own conclusions, however, i admire their dedication to both of their causes. for that reason, both characters remain an inspiration to me. also, both have moustaches, which is my new thing.

so go on UF - list yours and why, maybe they're not as boring as mine, maybe they're anime, but i'm sure you have some which inspire you in everyday life.

I have a Guy Fawkes mask. Wanna role play?

Despite what I say in my facebook profile, no one. I am not terribly inspired by any one person, other than their talent, such as a musician. But I wouldn't call them a hero just for a talent or skill.

Tom Dowd
Richard Feynman
Oishi Yoshio
Leonardo DaVinci
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Cyrano de Bergerac
Nikola Tesla

Probably others I can't think of right now

Music wise Brian Wilson. That dude is a genius.

Sporting wise Bill Shankly and Steven Gerrard. :drool:

I have some awesome friends and I wouldn't call them personal heroes but they have some qualities that I greatly admire and wish I could have. One of my friends is very unbiased and impartial when other people would get hot headed and take sides. One of my other friends is a GP and he is brilliant at anything he turns his hand to.

I've also had some great teachers that pushed me when I resisted, believed in me when I didn't try hard enough and gave me the kick in the ass I needed, exactly when I needed it. Those guys have my full admiration and love.

Despite what I say in my facebook profile, no one. I am not terribly inspired by any one person, other than their talent, such as a musician. But I wouldn't call them a hero just for a talent or skill.

Word. Some people have done interesting stuff, but every grand thing built on many small steps by people who weren't noted. I could pick a culture not a person -.-

William Wallace - Ancestor that gave his life fighting for what he believed in, freedom. The family motto translates to Liberty at all cost. My son's name is William Wallace.

free2.jpg