GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs-Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I was going to lunch. I was passing one store where a guy ( the owner I assume) was yelling at a homeless guy for standing on the sidewalk in front his store.
Told him he was trespassing and was going to jail if he didn't get lost. Said "you don't have any money so you don't belong here".
Homeless guy was crying a bit. I was this close to handing him $10 and saying now you can stay. But he isn't one of the usual guys I see. There's so many now, I can't afford it anymore. My goal is to help not join.

You're a good man Strings.

I don't feel to good when I see this kinda thing. Everyone should have a home, food etc. I know some / most put themselves in that situation. And the business owner is trying to keep his store attractive to customers. I, like many others feel bad but don't really do anything to help. Its a mess for sure.

I don't feel to good when I see this kinda thing. Everyone should have a home, food etc. I know some / most put themselves in that situation. And the business owner is trying to keep his store attractive to customers. I, like many others feel bad but don't really do anything to help. Its a mess for sure.

There's so many here if you gave them each only a dollar you'd be homeless yourself. Can only do so much.

Sometimes I wonder what's helping and what's enabling. Can't function in society without some money, but then some of them gonna use the money to get more of what's keeping them down...booze, drugs, etc. Actual food or a package of new socks or something may be temporary relief but it's no building block towards independence.

It's a bit of a conundrum.

Wow Strings, this is surprising - maybe:rolleyes:
That's very cool. But yeah, can't help them all. And then of course there is the faker factor that makes many just keep on walking.

Darthus will save him.
Darthus.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
There's so many here if you gave them each only a dollar you'd be homeless yourself. Can only do so much.

Sometimes I wonder what's helping and what's enabling. Can't function in society without some money, but then some of them gonna use the money to get more of what's keeping them down...booze, drugs, etc. Actual food or a package of new socks or something may be temporary relief but it's no building block towards independence.

It's a bit of a conundrum.
Most will spend it on booze/drugs. I've asked many if I could buy them food and they passed it down. Always a "reason" they needed cash.

Most will spend it on booze/drugs. I've asked many if I could buy them food and they passed it down. Always a "reason" they needed cash.

Yeah, some of the guys here are just looking for more of what got them where they are.
But I still take advantage of the buy one get one breakfast sandwiches and share with Steve or Larry when I see them.
They're two very lost souls that 'live" around here

I did the opposite one time - bought a 12 pack, a pack of Marlboro Reds and sat in the park and smoked & drank with two homeless dudes - one a guy with no legs, got froze off when he was sleeping outside. Had a mechanics creeper. to scoot around on. My first wife (ex at time) went that way - became homeless and drank herself to death. I was looking for her when I was hanging with those dudes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I did the opposite one time - bought a 12 pack, a pack of Marlboro Reds and sat in the park and smoked & drank with two homeless dudes - one a guy with no legs, got froze off when he was sleeping outside. Had a mechanics creeper. to scoot around on. My first wife (ex at time) went that way - became homeless and drank herself to death. I was looking for her when I was hanging with those dudes.

I wanna gravy but geeze at the end there, Eddie. Best not to mix a great beginning with a sad ending.

I used to write for this guy's online magazine - boom, down the shittube he went. Good dude, bad drug issues. Click the picture for his sad story. Although, nobody mentions his cocaine issues.

Last edited:
I wanna gravy but geeze at the end there, Eddie. Best not to mix a great beginning with a sad ending.
Yeah, I got taken by the moment even though it's been 19 years! Ya know, some of the homeless even have fun and funny moments.
Here - slipped a $5 into a homeless dude's front shirt pocket while he was sleeping against front of building where I worked. Bet he had a WOO HOO moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.