GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs-Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be the last high energy shit I put here for a while. From here on out its going to be more John Denver and the like. Call it a cleaning or whatever.

The last concert I saw in Omaha (in the now-removed Civic Auditorium, which I played in twice!) was Aerosmith during the Permanent Vacation tour and the opening act was supposed to be GnR, but they blew up so Dokken was added.

Jeff Pilson is a fucking badass.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
The last concert I saw in Omaha (in the now-removed Civic Auditorium, which I played in twice!) was Aerosmith during the Permanent Vacation tour and the opening act was supposed to be GnR, but they blew up so Dokken was added.

I saw GnR back in the late 80s about a month before Appetite came out, they were opening or Alice Cooper
It was an amazing show all around

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and adi
I saw GnR back in the late 80s about a month before Appetite came out, they were opening or Alice Cooper
It was an amazing show all around

I bet. Color me envious.

THAT’S the GnR I’ll choose to remember, not the over-produced Axl obsession that is Use Your Illusion. Some good shit on there but not raw like Appetite.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
It's toll free, Wicks. Practically an invitation.
H0wyDvr.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I bet. Color me envious.

THAT’S the GnR I’ll choose to remember, not the over-produced Axl obsession that is Use Your Illusion. Some good shit on there but not raw like Appetite.

I literally wore out 3 tapes of Appetite in like a 2-3 year period.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

After I looked that up I realized I *almost* forgot how good that band is.

Live is where it's at. I really don't care what people sound like on recordings, especially now days with all the stuff we have at our disposal. It's too easy.

Granted there was techniques for doing several live cuts and overdubbing and stuff then too, but the point of diminished returns came a lot sooner. Got a lot more time-consuming and expensive when you're physically cutting and splicing 2" tape rather than throwing it all in the digital domain, lining it up on a grid, point-click, apply pitch or tempo correction, etc.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if his recording software had infinite latency?

Every time someone starts bagging on his videos I think they need to chill already. Then I watch like 20 seconds and am reminded just how lobawful they are. My mind must block out the trauma.

It fucking hurts. Why does he have to destroy music? Why?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Status
Not open for further replies.