GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

neuropathy can present as a loss of sensation (usually specifically in the hands and feet, which is peripheral neuropathy), although there can also be burning or tingling. I imagine that lack of sensation is what he was referencing. it can be associated with diabetes, but also it can come from other stuff, too.
Thanks, didn't know that. I do get some numbness and tingling or just general pain in my feet sometimes but I figured that was just because I'm a fatass now and there's only so much foot to hold me up so they do get a little overworked on occasion. Might have some circulation issues.

I switched over to working security jobs for a real company now. Can still do some of my handyman gigs as side gigs for a few regular customers but I'm an actual employee now (instead of a contractor) for the first time since like the mid-90's. Little rough around the edges but I have managed to avoid any unexpected trips to HR thus far. It was also a good excuse to buy a new pistol though, haha.
Just got some medical insurance as part of the deal and everything. I don't really know if it's good insurance or not as I haven't had anything to compare it to but can at least see doctors now. Be interesting to see what all whatever initial testing they do comes back like.
Got enough life insurance too the old lady won't be destitute if something happens to me. I didn't make it enough to be worth killing me for or anything but she'll be able to put me in the ground and keep the lights on for a year or maybe a little more while she figures something out.

Anyways, how you doin'?

what you guys think of this guy? I ran across on the youtubez

Top guy can obviously play but he needs to leave some breathing room or mix some more open/not so busy passages between all them super fast notes. Good technical player but might not be much of a songcrafter or team player type band member.

Bottom guy also a good technical player but he needs a real rhythm section. Doing that bass and guitar line at the same time thing just leaves the rhythm end of it stale, repetitive, boring. Again, might be a great player but not such a great musician. There is a big difference.

I long ago lost count of how many bedroom or youtube shredders we auditioned that had great technical skills but weren't worth a damn as part of a group. Frustrating.

Thanks, didn't know that. I do get some numbness and tingling or just general pain in my feet sometimes but I figured that was just because I'm a fatass now and there's only so much foot to hold me up so they do get a little overworked on occasion. Might have some circulation issues.

I switched over to working security jobs for a real company now. Can still do some of my handyman gigs as side gigs for a few regular customers but I'm an actual employee now (instead of a contractor) for the first time since like the mid-90's. Little rough around the edges but I have managed to avoid any unexpected trips to HR thus far. It was also a good excuse to buy a new pistol though, haha.
Just got some medical insurance as part of the deal and everything. I don't really know if it's good insurance or not as I haven't had anything to compare it to but can at least see doctors now. Be interesting to see what all whatever initial testing they do comes back like.
Got enough life insurance too the old lady won't be destitute if something happens to me. I didn't make it enough to be worth killing me for or anything but she'll be able to put me in the ground and keep the lights on for a year or maybe a little more while she figures something out.

Anyways, how you doin'?
It's not gonna be fun. I went to the doctor for the first time in like 12 years last october and... yeah. :lol:

I still need to go to a dentist.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
It's not gonna be fun. I went to the doctor for the first time in like 12 years last october and... yeah. :lol:

I still need to go to a dentist.
Ya I'm pretty much expecting something like "how the hell have you survived this long?" along with a laundry list of itis's and osis's. They got big complicated names for every stupid little thing, it's like a secret society or something.

Got dental too. Again no idea how good it is but I need to use up whatever it is pretty badly.

Can actually get real prescription eyeglasses now too instead of working my way around the display tower at formerly dollar tree now buck and a quarter tree.

I got a whole magazine type book around here somewhere full of charts and stuff that explains what all and how much of what is covered by what for all this stuff. Should probably find where I put that thing.

a gig at Dave & Busters?
Did they hire you or did you just show up and start playing?

edit - get paid in game tokens?
Lol it's a bar in the Hipster South End. We played two engagements. Now they are DJ only. Which may or may not be true. We're brutally loud in that venue. $15 to park. I'm completely ok with having been outmoded. Because my $100 paycheck becomes $85 after municipal parking.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
So I bought a new bass a few weeks ago. It's another 316 bass to match it's fretless sister. Fretted. P/J. Nordstrand NP5 and whatever J matches it. EMG bass expander (18 volt, defeatable). Some kinda mid shift. Total coffee table bass. Spalted burl maple top. Light swampash body. Deep birdseye maple fingerboard.
I've played two or three shows with it already. Very articulate. A little sterile. My pedalboard loves it.
Defeating the EMG circuit it really comes alive. Maybe I'll send a pic.

Oh, the cheesy plastic knobs literally go to 11 lol!