GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

I hope nukesie is doing okay. He’s been on my mind a lot lately.

I think he said the recovery process was like 8 weeks or something.
It'd be cool if he stopped in to say how things are going but that deal's also gotta be a lot to deal with mentally. Maybe could use some recovery time on that end too.

Wife and I took the grandkids out in the canoe Saturday. Plenty of fish splashing here and there eating bugs off the surface but not a damn one would take a hook, we got skunked out. Most likely could've pulled in a couple/few catfish if we stayed 'til dusk but everybody was getting pretty wore out from paddling and sun so we packed it in a couple hours early.

So instead of a nice catch of fish the highlight of the day turned out to be when we came into this area too fast and rode the canoe up on a sunken stump all the way to the middle and hung it up.
It's a fiberglass/plastic/whatever canoe so the bottom can flex upward a little, thereby holding itself on the stump. No amount of paddling or bouncing or pushing off the bottom would do anything other than spin it around like a helicopter.

So after a while of that I tried to lasso a branch sticking out of the water a ways away to try and pull from but it turns out my cowboys skills are pretty rusty as well.

Dummy me also didn't bring the river anchor figuring it's still water where we're going anyway.

After 20-30 minutes of fail a nice couple happened along and pulled us off so I didn't have to jump out and most likely roll the canoe, if not on the way out almost certainly on the way back in.
The others don't have any experience with that and frankly I'm out of practice myself.

So the boys learned hands-on about things like momentum and weight and things being right under the water you can't see. Concave vs. Convex shapes and how one helps to slide off the post while the other keeps you on it.
So the rest of the time when going in an area like that rear man paddled slowly so there's time to react or glance off things instead of ride up on them.
Front man holds his paddle out front feeling for obstructions under the water.

Bring the river anchor next time anyway, it has other uses. Lol.

And maybe a short rope ladder to help climb in the back while the others get down on the floor and keep the center of gravity low.

And more rope to tie things off in the canoe so when it inevitably does roll one day we'll be able to recover more stuff.

All in all it was a good day even without the fish. Got 'em off the phones and out into the world and learned a few things and came back with a story to tell.

I was gonna say nobody is more experienced or better qualified at givin' lickin's than grandma but it felt weird so I didn't say it.

• Haha
Reactions: pacojas
My grandma was a nurse when she was younger, which I found hard to believe. Both, the nurse and younger parts.

My dad said he hated admitting he was catching a cold or even had a sore throat or congestion when he was a kid, because out would come the Vicks Vap-O-Rub.

A fairly normal treatment, I always thought, until he recalled the part where she administered it via a teaspoon to his pie hole. WTF? EATING that stuff?

Some of the stuff he endured as a kid. Man!

Damn, grandma.