GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

i've been studying baroque choral arrangements a bit. i love the idea of writing for physical context.

one of my favourite artists, a composer from actually right near where i live nowadays, hasn't released studio music in years. she writes everything for a specific place that she'll be performing it and it only exists in performances there.

was lucky to see her in toronto but unfortunately it was an opening act in a club for another artist, would give a lot to go to a proper church show of hers.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
i've been studying baroque choral arrangements a bit. i love the idea of writing for physical context.

one of my favourite artists, a composer from actually right near where i live nowadays, hasn't released studio music in years. she writes everything for a specific place that she'll be performing it and it only exists in performances there.
Legend has it Homer sang Oddessey and Illiad to his own lute accompaniment and was blind.

i bought a new acoustic guitar and theres a buzz on the 9th fret on the high E. helppp
My first thought at the 9th fret is a high spot on that fret. You should get a setup done. Some of these other bassers can probably give you more details or correct me if I'm wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and pacojas
i bought a new acoustic guitar and theres a buzz on the 9th fret on the high E. helppp
If you're lucky it's an unlevel fret. That can be dealt with at a luthier for about $50. If you're unlucky, the neck is Warped or bowed. What happens above tonight Fred? You know like 10 11 12? If it's a warped neck or the Frets too high it's going to affect everything above the night front as well.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
If you're lucky it's an unlevel fret. That can be dealt with at a luthier for about $50. If you're unlucky, the neck is Warped or bowed. What happens above tonight Fred? You know like 10 11 12? If it's a warped neck or the Frets too high it's going to affect everything above the night front as well.
Looks like the 10th fret is too high. Used a credit card to check the level and it rocks when it's over the 10th

Looks like the 10th fret is too high. Used a credit card to check the level and it rocks when it's over the 10th
Frets aren't flat silly. Necks have a radius, then the frets are installed, same radius gets ran down frets. Then they get rounded without losing the high point. Largely optical illusion. Don't start filing if you don't have a good understanding of all the mechanics involved. there is no add-on file.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
Frets aren't flat silly. Necks have a radius, then the frets are installed, same radius gets ran down frets. Then they get rounded without losing the high point. Largely optical illusion. Don't start filing if you don't have a good understanding of all the mechanics involved. there is no add-on file.

I think he used it like a fret rocker, bridging across the frets, not across the fretboard radius.

Real fret files have different radiuses, they're not all flat.

I'd first check to see it's not lifted out of its slot. If it is a padded clamp or small rubber mallet is the fix. Maybe a drop of glue to hold it.

Off tomorrow. Babysitting the wife tonight as she's going through the chemically induced ass spray routine for a colonoscopy tomorrow.
Appointment is first thing in the morning. Got everything ready for ribeye steak and eggs breakfast when we get home, then an afternoon of doing whatever.

Thank God for cows.

And ass cameras.

Somebody laid 4 fishing poles out today as part of a "we gotta get outta here now" rental deal.
I now have 4 more fishing poles than I had before.
One of the reels is made to look like a Coca-Cola can.
I thought that was pretty cool.