GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

plant-based definitely seems like a worse label for pretentiousness

coming from a fellow vegan
I'm not a vegan but I like the plant-based label better. It keeps the focus on the environmental aspect of eating food directly from plants without as much political loading as vegan, which often comes with a lot of "you're killing animals you fucks". I made vegan pasties for our family vegans on Thanksgiving: fried tofu squares, 2 kinds of mushrooms, rutabaga, potatoes, garlic, onion and some seasonings. :cool: One confessed privately "damn, that turkey smells so fucking good."

interesting. I think I just have bad run-ins with "plant-based" folks then. they always preach more than the average vegan I've met.
Could be. Possibly they feel they are evangelizing for "go plant-based" since it's, imo, a more positive message vs. one that draws an us/them line. Of course, some omnivores get totally wigged over someone's vegan choice. I had 2 people talking back-handed smack at last years Christmas meal about "people who need special food,blah,blah". I eventually told them they should stop their bitching - I did all the cooking so it was none of their fucking business. It was quiet for a few minutes.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi