GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

I'm in between. I say I don't like it anymore but at the same time I think it's still a solid 6-7 for me. love a few moments, find it overall underwhelming.
Im listening to 10,000 days, about two songs in, right now. It's sounds very similar to me so far. The dynamics are a little more noticable and the mix is rougher sounding (not in a bad or good way, though I prefer the mix of Fear Inoculum). That's a first impression, could change.

• Gravy
Reactions: definitely
Im listening to 10,000 days, about two songs in, right now. It's sounds very similar to me so far. The dynamics are a little more noticable and the mix is rougher sounding (not in a bad or good way, though I prefer the mix of Fear Inoculum). That's a first impression, could change.

FI was very much a continuation of the style they started there, but to me 10,000 days was much better/stronger executed. rosetta stoned and right in two especially toward the end.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
FI was very much a continuation of the style they started there, but to me 10,000 days was much better/stronger executed. rosetta stoned and right in two especially toward the end.
Ha! I'm nearing the end of Rosetta Stoned right now. Will report back.

ETA: Reporting back after Rosetta Stoned. The ending was very much tight as fuck. Loved it.

ETA2: Right in Two is awesome. I see what you mean.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Okay Tool just hit my top 10 favorite bands. My man just sang "Goddamn shit the bed". Where can I get a vinyl?

• Gravy
Just finished 10,000 Days. It was awesome. There's only one negative thing I can think of; that last song was a big let down. It was worse than those silly interludes in FI. I was expecting a killer, mindmelting build up and a bone shaking finishing blow.

There is a nice mix of dynamics and it's well knitted. Compared to FI, the differences are mild to me. I like them both. FI is better to me by the slightest amount, simply because of the sound of the audio mix. There's some bias there too because the sound of the bass is ungodly good in FI and bass is my thing.

3 out of 4.

• Gravy
My alarm went off at 3:20 am, which is normal. I have an earworm for the third straight day, also normal.

It’s “I Can’t Quit Her” from the first Blood, Sweat, and Tears album.

I hadn’t heard it in years until the other morning, now it’s stuck. Also normal.

FML

That's nuts.

The 0320 part not the earworm.

I’ve decided I’m mentally ill on a bunch of levels, and that’s one. Thank goodness my son is around or I’d do myself in. (It’s one of those clusters)

I have to hand it to old people who have no dependents or close relatives and still choose to stay around. WTF keeps them going? Wheel of Fortune? What if it’s preempted?

I would like the option to buy music on Spotify that isn't available. Some of Tool's early stuff is not on there. I know I can sync my local library but it'd be cool if my local library could be in the cloud.

Google has a thing that lets you upload music to their cloud and stream or download anywhere.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Looks like a gorgeous day in Philly there, Strings, at least according to the football TV. Should ride the bike outside today, give that carpet a rest.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
I would like the option to buy music on Spotify that isn't available. Some of Tool's early stuff is not on there. I know I can sync my local library but it'd be cool if my local library could be in the cloud.

Google has a thing that lets you upload music to their cloud and stream or download anywhere.

this was the one thing that GPM has always been better for. wish the other streaming services caught up.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
finally putting this 180g ANIMA pressing to its first use (came in this summer while I was turntableless). sounds exactly as tight as I'd expect anything with thom's name on it to sound. the electro percussion sounds much more balanced here and not as tinny/clippy. his voice also seems to have more fullness to it through this, but that could be due to my turntable running through an EQ that offsets the problem spots with my speaker setup, and my computer not going through said EQ.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and adi