GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

When people spend all their time earning and securing, it leaves little brain power to even ponder what to do to better ones’ self further.

Only some get to fully realize themselves. Imagine how far we may have come as a society if so much time wasn’t spent trying to simply survive.

And please, don’t respond with “the cavemen did it” or “if you don’t like it, move to Guatemala” shit. That’s extreme rationalization.
There's a balance between rich/poor, work/play, and happy/sad. I would say having too much or too little time to ponder is unhealthy, too much or little being a changing variable from person to person.

When people spend all their time earning and securing, it leaves little brain power to even ponder what to do to better ones’ self further.

Only some get to fully realize themselves. Imagine how far we may have come as a society if so much time wasn’t spent trying to simply survive.

And please, don’t respond with “the cavemen did it” or “if you don’t like it, move to Guatemala” shit. That’s extreme rationalization.
I view it all as the inevitable result of expansion towards post-scarcity society.

I really hope that's where we're headed.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I view it all as the inevitable result of expansion towards post-scarcity society.

I really hope that's where we're headed.

I hope so too, because we’d be that much closer to Gene Roddenberry’s vision. Sadly, there are people who will always want to keep others “down” in order to feel better about themselves, since bettering themselves takes work.

Pain, strife, sadness, anger, broken hearts

Joy, beauty, jubilation, euphoria, fun

Creative juices tend to flow from emotions further along the spectrum from the stable middle ground IME. Or at least from reflecting on a time that had them, doesn't necessarily have to happen in the here and now. Sometimes trying harder is the least productive thing to do.