GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

Got a tail light to replace the one I smashed getting that boat off the truck.
Plan was good. Everything seemed to be lined up good. Missed it by that much.

Got a handle/latch for the tailgate so I don't have to reach around inside and pull the rods together anymore.

Got a windshield washer pump so I don't have to slosh my water bottle out the window anymore but forgot the little squirty things that stick in the hood. I took those off sometime to work on something and lost them, so still in sloshing water bottle mode.

Then I strolled around checking out the inventory since the last time I was there. Working trucks get picked over pretty quick.

They have several Buick luxury cars like mine. Couple even in the same color. Although mine spent a lot of its life in a garage in Minnesota and the ones here have been roasting and fading in the sun so they're really not the same color anyways.

Also, in addition to grandparents, golf enthusiasts, and people of refined tastes such as myself, these things also seem to be popular with the type of people that enjoy $3000 wheels and boom boom stereo systems but really eschew basic maintenance. Gotta use your powers of deductive reasoning along with your psychological profiling skills to assess which of the above owned the donor car and thus how it was treated.

Got a handle/latch for the tailgate so I don't have to reach around inside and pull the rods together anymore.

Got a windshield washer pump so I don't have to slosh my water bottle out the window anymore but forgot the little squirty things that stick in the hood. I took those off sometime to work on something and lost them, so still in sloshing water bottle mode.

Then I strolled around checking out the inventory since the last time I was there. Working trucks get picked over pretty quick.

They have several Buick luxury cars like mine. Couple even in the same color. Although mine spent a lot of its life in a garage in Minnesota and the ones here have been roasting and fading in the sun so they're really not the same color anyways.

Also, in addition to grandparents, golf enthusiasts, and people of refined tastes such as myself, these things also seem to be popular with the type of people that enjoy $3000 wheels and boom boom stereo systems but really eschew basic maintenance. Gotta use your powers of deductive reasoning along with your psychological profiling skills to assess which of the above owned the donor car and thus how it was treated.
Yup. Multiple side dents r bad.

That reminds me I also forgot I was gonna grab the electronic bits off the fuel sending unit in one of those Buicks. The gauge in mine can't be trusted anymore.
Fill up the tank and reset the trip odometer. When it gets to 200 miles, fill it up and reset the miles again.

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow. Get that stuff and probably a couple other odds and ends I forgot.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
That reminds me I also forgot I was gonna grab the electronic bits off the fuel sending unit in one of those Buicks. The gauge in mine can't be trusted anymore.
Fill up the tank and reset the trip odometer. When it gets to 200 miles, fill it up and reset the miles again.

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow. Get that stuff and probably a couple other odds and ends I forgot.

Mine is off somewhat so I do the odometer thing also. 230 in the summer, 200-ish in the winter.

It's posts like this that make me think of you when I hear this song.

I just remembered I can steal the window squirters off the old Taurus, they used the same ones, so no junkyard trip today.
Gonna work out here continuing to make improvements on my chicken fortress while it's still cool out.

Couple other odds and ends on that car are common parts with the truck. One of these days I'll grab those off it and then sell the car to the junkyard half the parts on it came from. That probably as close as I'll get to "passive income".