GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

The ones we made used 4 strips cut out of inner tube to secure them to your foot much sturdier than those flip flop types.
2 to make an X over the front of your foot. 1 around front of ankle to back of sandal. 1 around Achilles to midpoint of sandal.
Do it right and you have to stretch the inner tube straps a little bit to put it on but it wears comfortably and won't slip off walking on steep grades or climbing over stuff, etc.

Those commies did get a few things right.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
You can still find old bias ply tires to do it like that guy did, they're just not on cars. They're on things like garden tractors, the carts you pull behind them, moving dollies, wheelbarrows, probably atv's, etc. I don't know about road motorcycles but probably dirtbikes.
Basically stuff that moves slow or doesn't have to meet road transportation/safety/performance stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
You can still find old bias ply tires to do it like that guy did, they're just not on cars. They're on things like garden tractors, the carts you pull behind them, moving dollies, wheelbarrows, probably atv's, etc. I don't know about road motorcycles but probably dirtbikes.
Basically stuff that moves slow or doesn't have to meet road transportation/safety/performance stuff.
Most of the major companies still make a non-steel bias tire. Vintage look, often WW, narrow tread.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I like the sandal idea but I have quit wearing anything but "nice" sandals and only for when I am staying clean. If I buy and wear tough sandals, like hikers, I get sticks and shit coming into my sandals. Either barefoot or looking like a construction tard wearing shorts with leather work boots.

Those SX were all the rage and super cheap for a reason. The ones before Fender made them change the headstock got a lot of love but I could never bring myself to pull the trigger. I had a few cheap Ibanez and Peavey bar beaters at the time so I didn't need one.
Just remembering out loud.

Those SX were all the rage and super cheap for a reason. The ones before Fender made them change the headstock got a lot of love but I could never bring myself to pull the trigger. I had a few cheap Ibanez and Peavey bar beaters at the time so I didn't need one.
Just remembering out loud.
It was always intended as a project of sorts. Not gonna find a maple-boarded 6 with decent string spacing for anywhere near the price, even with a rebind.

Eventually it will have Big Singles.

Muzak selection for this afternoons foray into the grocery store included such classics as Yes Roundabout and Alice Schools Out. Good to hear they finally got somebody in that job who knows their ass from a hole in the ground.