GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

I’ve been in a Walmart twice. Once with my in-laws before I knew what a Walmart was, the second, when I was catching a cold and needed tissues and cold meds while at work (driving truck).

The town I live in successfully kept Walmart from moving in here, yet they kept trying. Eventually, they got permission to build a limited store called a “marketplace” or some such, right on the street that borders the “town”. The parking lot is almost always nearly empty. People here really hate them.

In advance of the defense I sense will happen, yes I know that other companies underpay their help and carry tons of Chinese made shit. I personally hate them more for their guerrilla marketing approach, combined with skirting laws regarding environmental issues at times.

Fuck those guys.

I was alive for a long time before I learned women try on bras then put them back on the rack.
Always figured that was a no-no like trying on underwear.
There's a lot hanging on the decision in some cases. My wife always washes them before wearing but yeah, your new bra might have the fromunda of a 100 women on it.

I’ve been in a Walmart twice. Once with my in-laws before I knew what a Walmart was, the second, when I was catching a cold and needed tissues and cold meds while at work (driving truck).

The town I live in successfully kept Walmart from moving in here, yet they kept trying. Eventually, they got permission to build a limited store called a “marketplace” or some such, right on the street that borders the “town”. The parking lot is almost always nearly empty. People here really hate them.

In advance of the defense I sense will happen, yes I know that other companies underpay their help and carry tons of Chinese made shit. I personally hate them more for their guerrilla marketing approach, combined with skirting laws regarding environmental issues at times.

Fuck those guys.
I like your people.
Yeah, fuck Walmart, have only been in a few times in my life.

They built one here, full sized prick - had to close it down after a few years due to low sales. But they had already crushed a few small local businesses.

I like your people.
Yeah, fuck Walmart, have only been in a few times in my life.

They built one here, full sized prick - had to close it down after a few years due to low sales. But they had already crushed a few small local businesses.

That’s the rub. They build way more stores than they plan on leaving open in order to crush local businesses, then they close stores and in some cases, leave small communities without a retailer within miles. It’s a really fucked up practice. It shows a complete lack of empathy that goes beyond conventional capitalism.

There is a trait some people possess that practically requires them to cause injury to someone else in order to feel like they’re “winning”.

234B748B-FD00-4409-8D1D-8CEC8526A454.jpeg

That’s the rub. They build way more stores than they plan on leaving open in order to crush local businesses, then they close stores and in some cases, leave small communities without a retailer within miles. It’s a really fucked up practice. It shows a complete lack of empathy that goes beyond conventional capitalism.

There is a trait some people possess that practically requires them to cause injury to someone else in order to feel like they’re “winning”.

View attachment 12378

A town north of here that's practically a suburb now managed to keep Wal-Mart out for a long time. Then they finally gave in and let them build one there as long as it didn't "look like a walmart", like they were trying to "preserve the small town feel" or something.

So there's a few more trees and islands in the parking lot than most Wal-Mart's have and the front has a little extra trim and a few different paint colors to make it look like a few smaller fake storefronts but it's still the same carbon copy giant ass Wal-Mart inside.

The fake front doesn't even look real either like come on man you could've at least hired somebody who does theatre props or something. It's a one-time build cost it's not like you have to keep paying actors.

A town north of here that's practically a suburb now managed to keep Wal-Mart out for a long time. Then they finally gave in and let them build one there as long as it didn't "look like a walmart", like they were trying to "preserve the small town feel" or something.

So there's a few more trees and islands in the parking lot than most Wal-Mart's have and the front has a little extra trim and a few different paint colors to make it look like a few smaller fake storefronts but it's still the same carbon copy giant ass Wal-Mart inside.

The fake front doesn't even look real either like come on man you could've at least hired somebody who does theatre props or something. It's a one-time build cost it's not like you have to keep paying actors.

The “Marketplace” that finally was allowed was forced to open in an existing structure, and they chose (out of what little was available) what was formerly an Ashley Crappy Furniture store. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than a dozen cars in the parking lot, and I think those must belong to employees.

LOL

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The “Marketplace” that finally was allowed was forced to open in an existing structure, and they chose (out of what little was available) what was formerly an Ashley Crappy Furniture store. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than a dozen cars in the parking lot, and I think those must belong to employees.

LOL

Ah there's one of those in another neighborhood here that kept them at bay for a while. Also in an existing building. It's small (for a walmart). The sign for it out by the road is also small. And it's done in a subdued beige color. Not that kindergarten "this is the color blue" blue.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
@wetwille
A watch question.

Back is stuck on here too good to just push over on one of the notches to turn it. Need to DIY a little tool to grab 2 notches opposite each other to turn it.
From what I've read (from manufacturer) said turn it to the left then pop it off. That might've been general info and not specific to this exact model but seemed like all their watches worked similar/same way.

Anyway, thing is supposed to be good in water to 300 feet or something. Would there be just an o-ring or some other sealant, like the watch version of rtv gasket maker making it hard to turn?20200830_080048_resize_48.jpg

Ok to just get a good grip and turn hard or am I missing something and will end up breaking it?

YouTube vids make it seem like should be easy to turn but this thing doesn't want to turn.

It is a Fossil FS5321.

Normally those notches are for screwing off - the proper tool is a watch crab. CHeap one can be had places like Harbor Freight for <$5.
That said, many of the Fossils and other CHinese made <$150 watch those notches are fakes for looks and the back just pops off. In fact, many you can't put them back on without them being in the right position - mark with a SHarpie in case it isn't apparent once off.
?NO case knife - use a paring knife. Press straight in parallel to the back, never twist. You're wedging it off, not prying. Move around the case and try a few spots. *CHoke up your hands on it like you are anticipating it slipping and you don't want to scratch it. You'll probably have your best and safest grip.
Add - that case-back probably has a notch for where the stem is. Even if not needed.

Normally those notches are for screwing off - the proper tool is a watch crab. CHeap one can be had places like Harbor Freight for <$5.
That said, many of the Fossils and other CHinese made <$150 watch those notches are fakes for looks and the back just pops off. In fact, many you can't put them back on without them being in the right position - mark with a SHarpie in case it isn't apparent once off.
?NO case knife - use a paring knife. Press straight in parallel to the back, never twist. You're wedging it off, not prying. Move around the case and try a few spots. *CHoke up your hands on it like you are anticipating it slipping and you don't want to scratch it. You'll probably have your best and safest grip.
Add - that case-back probably has a notch for where the stem is. Even if not needed.

Good to know. Thanks, Eddie!

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie