GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

plant-based definitely seems like a worse label for pretentiousness

coming from a fellow vegan
How? Plant-based doesn't have to involve me giving my political or ethical opinions or have people assume them. It simply means I eat plants. It also means I can wear second-hand leather without "contradicting" myself. I pretty much only use the word vegan in restaurants to avoid confusion with my meal. Plus I'm not against eating animals as much as I am against modern animal agriculture, as it is largely unnecessary in developed countries.

does vegan involve all of that? I haven't experienced any of that either....weird. pretty much nobody makes a political or ethical connection when I say it, they just assume that going out to eat with me sucks.

and pretty much same for motivation.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD, nukes and adi
Plus I'm not against eating animals as much as I am against modern animal agriculture, as it is largely unnecessary in developed countries.
I love it when you go all hippy. :) Totally agree on all of that.

does vegan involve all of that? I haven't experienced any of that either....weird. pretty much nobody makes a political or ethical connection when I say it, they just assume that going out to eat with me sucks.

May depend on your "circle." It's a bit like racism - depends which group you're in. Fellow vegans have no trigger with you.
I'd go to the salad bar with you. *That was not a salad tossing reference. :p

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and OOD
hey hey now
i think pretentiousness is literally the only thing differentiating us from animals we should treat it like a god
or something

..:p:D

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD

Like Ed said, I think it depends on who you are around. Aren't you in University? I'm in a tiny largly-uneducated town in the south. People immediately want to argue a defense if I even mention the V word. I just want to eat my beans in peace.