White Liberal Guilt

Which is funny cause this is the character I get my name from.
picture.php

An androgynous blue... person? What is that? A villain from some Voltron episode I managed to miss?

so... what has happened to blacks in this country exactly? especially in the past 20-30 years that they didn't do to themselves?
:lol:

Anywhere else and I'd say shitstorm incoming. It's even more fun when you ask that at a university.

so... what has happened to blacks in this country exactly? especially in the past 20-30 years that they didn't do to themselves?

huh? just like white people, the vast majority sucks and some are great. are you really miffed by this?

I remind everyone to please walk a fine line with this topic...

What are you talking about? I don't really know, since I'm white, but I see nothing but progress. My nieces and nephews don't even see color and its totally awesome.

huh? just like white people, the vast majority sucks and some are great. are you really miffed by this?

I remind everyone to please walk a fine line with this topic...

What are you talking about? I don't really know, since I'm white, but I see nothing but progress. My nieces and nephews don't even see color and its totally awesome.

I wasn't bashing by that comment, I just re-read shalimar's post and this part kind of caught my eye:

there is the opinion that Obama is going to win (in part) because white people feel guilty for what has happened to blacks in this country and are thus "giving back" by voting Obama in.

i am curious what this predominantly white board thinks.

I was just wondering how that applies in todays world. Most of this board being in the younger generation, what should I/we feel guilty about? :confused: I have plenty of black friends, and just like most people of ANY race or ANY color, once I get to know them, we get along just fine.

I really think the only generations with an ax to grind would be those who grew up in or before the 60s civil rights era. Maybe W_A_W has some insight on what he remembers about those times or shortly thereafter anyways.

I was just wondering how that applies in todays world. Most of this board being in the younger generation, what should I/we feel guilty about? :confused: I have plenty of black friends, and just like most people of ANY race or ANY color, once I get to know them, we get along just fine.

I really think the only generations with an ax to grind would be those who grew up in or before the 60s civil rights era. Maybe W_A_W has some insight on what he remembers about those times or shortly thereafter anyways.

I completely agree

and I was born in '72 jerksauce :p

you'll be here in no time :p
it goes by like it was minutes

feels like minutes.

iono folks. I prob have more black friends and acquaintances than most of you and many of them are not happy with "white america". and of course, slavery HAPPENED. discrimination HAPPENED.. segregation HAPPENED. (and not that long ago BTW)

did I personally have anything to do with it? of course not. but there is bitterness towards whites in general to be sure.

i just wonder if there will be riots wednesday. regardless who wins.