Which one of you freaks is this?

Galen said:
Looks about as entertaining as Napolean Dynamite was. Which was fucking horrible to say the least.

Napoleon was a great movie. Why? Because anytime an idiot can take a camera and a handful of money and make millions upon millions of dollars it is worth commenting on.

The substance of the movie though....yeah, it bored me to tears.

Sarcasmo said:
Napoleon was a great movie. Why? Because anytime an idiot can take a camera and a handful of money and make millions upon millions of dollars it is worth commenting on.

The substance of the movie though....yeah, it bored me to tears.
It wasn't a great movie, it was a marketing success however. I think that's what you're trying to say.

Wow, let's take a load of cliches, run them together and it'll be funny! I love the 1001 filthy students over at SA or GenMay that talk of it like it's the holy grail of movies. Haha, you have to understand it to know. Haha, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is so funny....

What the fuck? The youth of today and their eccentric, cool emo lives disgust me.

Galen said:
Looks about as entertaining as Napolean Dynamite was. Which was fucking horrible to say the least.

As horrible as this show seems, I have caught myself laughing at it more than once. The guy is 30 though. You'd think he'd have grown up even if his body didn't. It isn't as bad as Napolean Dynamite.

eileenbunny said:
As horrible as this show seems, I have caught myself laughing at it more than once. The guy is 30 though. You'd think he'd have grown up even if his body didn't. It isn't as bad as Napolean Dynamite.
Looks like passe MTV rubbish. What happened to shows like Frasier? When did this bollox become funny?

smileynev said:
:wtf: Frasier was about as funny as a rusty nail through your nana bits
I used to think it was horrible until I gave it a fair chance. I've loved it ever since. Thank god Paramount Comedy is re-showing the entire series from season 1.

Galen said:
Looks like passe MTV rubbish. What happened to shows like Frasier? When did this bollox become funny?

Some would argue that Frasier was boring, elitist, snobby crap. I guess there is an audience for lots of different kinds of humor and we will all just have to learn to get along. You sound like an old man complaining about kids these days. :fly: I liked Frasier though. Does this make me well rounded?

eileenbunny said:
Some would argue that Frasier was boring, elitist, snobby crap. I guess there is an audience for lots of different kinds of humor and we will all just have to learn to get along. You sound like an old man complaining about kids these days. :fly: I liked Frasier though. Does this make me well rounded?
I apologise for ranting about kids. Seeing what is now the social norm for my fellow students to embrace indie crap I thought died out in the mid-90's is upsetting. There should be a resurgent trend on how to strive be a gentleman. Now that I'd admire.

I thought Frasier was genius. It was only recently voted (by comedy/satire writers) to be the best Sitcom ever. I can whole-heartedly agree.

Galen said:
It wasn't a great movie, it was a marketing success however. I think that's what you're trying to say.

Wow, let's take a load of cliches, run them together and it'll be funny! I love the 1001 filthy students over at SA or GenMay that talk of it like it's the holy grail of movies. Haha, you have to understand it to know. Haha, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is so funny....

What the fuck? The youth of today and their eccentric, cool emo lives disgust me.

I look at all movies as thinly veiled attempts at marketing success, so yes that's what I was saying. Film in general requires a surprisingly little amount of talent to pull off outside of some limited technical knowhow, so anyone can (and does) do it hoping to strike it rich.

And yes, the things most dipshits today think are funny usually leave me shaking my head and wanting to smack the shit out of someone. "Look! A giant meatball, and container of french fries, and a soft drink! Talking! And saying ridiculously stupid things!! BAHAHAHAHA"

I saw something the other night by Bob Odenkirk called "Tom Goes To the Mayor", some horrifically stupid show featuring white paper cut outs instead of traditional cartoon characters. One of the worst shows I've ever seen. The dialogue and concept were horrific, but I couldn't look away. I was morbidly fascinated that something like that could be approved by a network and aired for all to see. I should forward some episodes to you if you haven't seen it yet. You'd really appreciate it.

Sarcasmo said:
I look at all movies as thinly veiled attempts at marketing success, so yes that's what I was saying. Film in general requires a surprisingly little amount of talent to pull off outside of some limited technical knowhow, so anyone can (and does) do it hoping to strike it rich.

And yes, the things most dipshits today think are funny usually leave me shaking my head and wanting to smack the shit out of someone. "Look! A giant meatball, and container of french fries, and a soft drink! Talking! And saying ridiculously stupid things!! BAHAHAHAHA"

I saw something the other night by Bob Odenkirk called "Tom Goes To the Mayor", some horrifically stupid show featuring white paper cut outs instead of traditional cartoon characters. One of the worst shows I've ever seen. The dialogue and concept were horrific, but I couldn't look away. I was morbidly fascinated that something like that could be approved by a network and aired for all to see. I should forward some episodes to you if you haven't seen it yet. You'd really appreciate it.
I completely understand. :lol: Put it better than I could.

And yeah, I'm intrigued. Is it on MTV or Comedy Central or thereabouts? I'll have a check for it here if it is.

God that show is horrible, along with 20oz mouse and squidbillies and perfect hair forever (except the old guy, that pervert is funny as hell). Adult Swim is going to shit with those shows. Now I do love ATHF, and Sealab, and Harvy Birdman Attorney at Law, and Robot Chicken, and Boondocks. They all rock my face. So hopfully they get a clue and get rid of that other shit.

I liked Napoleon just due to it's sheer quotability. Great one-liners in there. And the scene where he tries to climb over the fence and falls on the other side, I could watch that over and over again.

Is it Adult Swim that has Tom Goes To The Mayor? I wasn't even paying attention. Just flipping channels and then I got sucked into its black hole of no-talent stupidity.

bast_imret said:
God that show is horrible, along with 20oz mouse and squidbillies and perfect hair forever (except the old guy, that pervert is funny as hell). Adult Swim is going to shit with those shows. Now I do love ATHF, and Sealab, and Harvy Birdman Attorney at Law, and Robot Chicken, and Boondocks. They all rock my face. So hopfully they get a clue and get rid of that other shit.

I liked Napoleon just due to it's sheer quotability. Great one-liners in there. And the scene where he tries to climb over the fence and falls on the other side, I could watch that over and over again.

ya man ATHF & robot chicken are comedy gold

I found ND hilarious as well