Which apocalypse?

Desslock

Giant Member
Oct 14, 2004
MD
Marklar
₥0
I just started reading World War Z which got me thinking about the many apocalypses that will end humanity.

Which apocalypse do you support?
The Zombie Apocalypse - ex. World War Z
The Robot Apocalypse - ex. Terminator
The Alien Apocalypse - ex. War of the Worlds, Independence Day, etc.
The Pandemic Apocalypse - ex. Outbreak, The Andromeda Strain
The Christian Apocalypse - ex. Revelations
The Meteor Apocalypse - ex. Deep Impact
Or some totally random off the wall apocalypse - ex. The Happening

I support the robot apocalypse and I welcome our robotic overlords.

I wholeheartedly support a Zombie Apocalypse. I actually choose houses (not majorly, just considering) on whether they would withstand a zombie attack. We've also had plans of action in all of my houses with regard to this happening. It's also why I stock up on certain essentials. You never know when zombies will strike.

Pandemic

Im sure some 3rd world crazy fuks are hard at work making a weapons-grade virus that gives everyone intense projectile diarrhea and theyre just waiting for an excuse to cut it loose on the world.

since I'm the deeply religious type my answer is zombie apocalypse...the wrath of a million zombie jesus' who've come back from the dead will not be pretty

since I'm the deeply religious type my answer is zombie apocalypse...the wrath of a million zombie jesus' who've come back from the dead will not be pretty

it takes a special type of zombie to come back from the dead twice...

I'm all for the Pandemic. Here is why.

Zombie and Alien apocalypses will suck, as most likely, our end result will be to be eaten. Aliens, i'm sure, will view us as cattle, and I hold out little support for something as backwards as vegetarianism to make it out into space. I just don't have the desire for my final resting place to be the fecal matter of a zombie or alien.

A robot Apocalypse would suck just because it's Robots. If my society and way of life gets trashed, I'll be god damned if I'm going to let some toaster with a twelve gauge do it.

The Meteor Apocalypse would suck because everything would be destroyed. Everything. Sorry, but a total wipe out is just shitty. Earths sunsets are too much of a galactic treasure to allow them to be just canceled out because of some stupid fast moving rock and a government too cheap to fund ways to stop it.

The Christian Apocalypse might not be so bad, if you are one of the ascended ones. Otherwise, you are left sitting on Earth, spending the remaining of your days thinking about where you fucked up to keep you from being part of the rapture. Obsessing over the worlds worst break up is not how I want to see myself go out.

So, overall, I'm going to go with Pandemic. Sure, it will suck for almost everyone. Almost. Like any other virus/bacteria/whatever, some people out there will be immune for one reason or another. The world will get a reboot, and maybe the future generations post plague would be able to figure out how to do it right this time. I also hold out hope on being one of the ones who would be immune to whatever nasty virus started to spread.

I'm all for the Pandemic. Here is why.

Zombie and Alien apocalypses will suck, as most likely, our end result will be to be eaten. Aliens, i'm sure, will view us as cattle, and I hold out little support for something as backwards as vegetarianism to make it out into space. I just don't have the desire for my final resting place to be the fecal matter of a zombie or alien.

A robot Apocalypse would suck just because it's Robots. If my society and way of life gets trashed, I'll be god damned if I'm going to let some toaster with a twelve gauge do it.

The Meteor Apocalypse would suck because everything would be destroyed. Everything. Sorry, but a total wipe out is just shitty. Earths sunsets are too much of a galactic treasure to allow them to be just canceled out because of some stupid fast moving rock and a government too cheap to fund ways to stop it.

The Christian Apocalypse might not be so bad, if you are one of the ascended ones. Otherwise, you are left sitting on Earth, spending the remaining of your days thinking about where you fucked up to keep you from being part of the rapture. Obsessing over the worlds worst break up is not how I want to see myself go out.

So, overall, I'm going to go with Pandemic. Sure, it will suck for almost everyone. Almost. Like any other virus/bacteria/whatever, some people out there will be immune for one reason or another. The world will get a reboot, and maybe the future generations post plague would be able to figure out how to do it right this time. I also hold out hope on being one of the ones who would be immune to whatever nasty virus started to spread.

12 monkeys...awesome movie

Well, obviously I'm going to go with the Christian apocalypse. I have to tell Knyte at least 5 times a week that the possibility that zombies will ever attack us is about 1 in a trillion, he hopes to prove me wrong someday, so I can guess what one he'll post about.

Well, obviously I'm going to go with the Christian apocalypse. I have to tell Knyte at least 5 times a week that the possibility that zombies will ever attack us is about 1 in a trillion, he hopes to prove me wrong someday, so I can guess what one he'll post about.

Look, someday when they're unsuccessfully beating on the reinforced doors that I put in, being cut down by my automated sentries, and struggling with getting through the minefield while we sit inside watching Scrubs reruns and eating Spam you'll thank me.

Always be prepared.