WTF Where's the UFC 117 thread

Luck got him through his fight with Marquardt, he beating in short fashion by Maia.
He only got this title shot because of a lack of other fighters, not for his accomplishments.

Luck doesn't get you a unanimous 30-27 decision over one of the best fighters at 185. That was a legit #1 contender match.

Bruised swollen rib with bruised muscle around it. Was in pain for a week prior to fight. Dr told him not to fight.

Using excuses for a poor showing is lame. Absolutely no need to talk abut it if you take the fight.

Sonnen exploited silvas weakness, he can be taken down at will and controlled by a wrestler. He's simply the first world class wrestler silva has ever faced. I thought hughes was done but I'm thinking him verse silva might be a great match up now. He could definitely get him to the mat and do some damage, plus he's got great submission defense.

Sonnen exploited silvas weakness, he can be taken down at will and controlled by a wrestler. He's simply the first world class wrestler silva has ever faced. I thought hughes was done but I'm thinking him verse silva might be a great match up now. He could definitely get him to the mat and do some damage, plus he's got great submission defense.

uhh, Dan Henderson is a world class wrestler, and two-time Olympic Wrestler. Mind you he's a greco-roman wrestler, but still. He also controlled Silva pretty good in their fight until he got choked out at the end of the second round.

hendos a good example. You find the person with the right skill set and silva will fall.

I think that'se the reality these days, someone will always have a skillset to defeat a specific fighter.. Even if they can't dominate everyone else like that fighter does. Light heavy weight shows that right now.

Luck doesn't get you a unanimous 30-27 decision over one of the best fighters at 185. That was a legit #1 contender match.

Using excuses for a poor showing is lame. Absolutely no need to talk abut it if you take the fight.

It does when you say afterwards that you were out from that choke in the second round, then saved by the bell.

Blah blah blah.. Dude wasn't tip top. And that's all that needs to said as a reason why Anderson didn't fight very well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are fucking funny!

Silvas one of the best fighters in the world, but as a person he's an incredible douche. Doesn't surprise me ods is an anderson apologist.

Apologist? Doesn't surprise me that you are so black and white being an American..

I was pointing out that Sonnen lost to an injured fighter. I wasn't making any apologies or excuses. But don't let something frivolous like facts get in your way..