Halp Where's Ledboots

it's not a "reality" show anyway
None of them are. I chuckle at the fucks who got too lonely to continue on Survivor, despite having a doctor visiting once a week, camera folks floating around most of the day. Good grief - just look up at the night sky and count the satellites and planes going by you ninnies! You're not alone.

None of them are. I chuckle at the fucks who got too lonely to continue on Survivor, despite having a doctor visiting once a week, camera folks floating around most of the day. Good grief - just look up at the night sky and count the satellites and planes going by you ninnies! You're not alone.

That's what I was getting at. Was a jab at @fly. Those survivor type shows had come up one time and he'd mentioned one of them as being some hardcore real survivalist and I'm all like, umm, you know how it's not real? Because it's on TV. There's a whole camera crew there with catered lunch and an ambulance on call.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That's what I was getting at. Was a jab at @fly. Those survivor type shows had come up one time and he'd mentioned one of them as being some hardcore real survivalist and I'm all like, umm, you know how it's not real? Because it's on TV. There's a whole camera crew there with catered lunch and an ambulance on call.
There is no camera crew for Alone, dummy.

Yes Asa you are right because I do infant massage and use essential oils hahaha. Many of these breastfeeding moms are way crunchier than even I am.
Placenta eaters
you know, encouraging that essential oil cures everything mentality kills kids.

Not saying you say it cures everything, but people who are into that kinda thing seem to get obcessed and take it way too far.

I'm calling bs on that. No way those guys do that good a job filming with a little pos camera. Go back and look at the flawless cuts and captures. There's only so much video editing can do. They should have gone a little more blair witch to make it more believable.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
I can believe there might not have been a camera crew physically present, but I do think the "Alone" aspect was a little overplayed. "while battling mental obstacles like extreme isolation and psychological distress." Come on, these people had a pretty good starter set of stuff with them and it's not like they were fucking Castaways. They knew they were going to be checked on and peeps were coming for them. Their only job was shelter,food and pass time. Good grief - did any of them spend a free moment while huddled by their fire at night to draw a picture on a rock with another one? Carve some cool things with the knife they got to bring? Carve up sticks for the various traps,etc. they should have learned about making before going there?pffffffff!

Their only job was shelter,food and pass time.
I think some had to spend time in front of their portable camera narrating crap. "I'm setting up my shelter this way, down wind, under a strong oak, and hope it keeps the bears that are native to this area away. Also I'm off the ground because I'm scared of sneks. I mean, I know how to deal with them if I have to, but I don't want to." kind of stuff. And, "Oh look, this is the leaf of the Kooka-Kooka plant. You can use it to heal small wounds, cure sunburn, and if that's not enough, it's full of protein, carbs and vitamins. But, as you can see, they're rare, and only one leaf per plant."

:lol:

It's pretty standard on those nature shows.