Where to move to next?

Sometimes, it's okay if you can definately keep your well paying job but if you get cut? Good luck to you, because you get the same benefits whether you live in London or somewhere cheaper. My sister in law has a 1 bedroomed flat in London that is smaller than where I currently live (I pay £400/month for my big flat) and it has cost her £250,000. The kind of house you could get in my city for £250k, there's just no comparison.

s-c-a-l-e

I'd have to make double what I do to move from atlanta to NYC and keep parity

I'm growing grass. Want to see a picture?

:mad: I want to see pictures of cactus (i don't know how to pluralize this word) and tumbleweeds.

Dublin and Belfast are stupidly expensive, he should move to Nottingham, we have tons of lovely breweries nearby :heart:.

I have an aunt who lives in Nottingham. She says it's boring. She likes to travel to find fun things to do. I still really want to visit there.

I need to earn twice as much to live in Atlanta LOL

Seriously? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how bad things must be in Cleveland for you to need to earn so much more. Atlanta looks cheap from where I'm sitting, but I also figure if we moved there and dan got a job he'd take a pay cut. It sounds like if you move somewhere that isn't Detroit you should expect a significant pay increase.

I have an aunt who lives in Nottingham. She says it's boring. She likes to travel to find fun things to do. I still really want to visit there.

You live anywhere for years it gets boring. I've lived here my whole life, it's big enough to be very diverse, not very far away from lovely countryside (Derbyshire/Yorkshire etc) and it's one of the best places in the UK for shopping apparently. Nightlife is wankerish, just a bunch of twats being sick and fighting I suppose, but I guess it depends where you live. Nottingham I guess is good to visit, lovely buildings, old pubs, nice beer etc.

:mad: I want to see pictures of cactus (i don't know how to pluralize this word) and tumbleweeds.

Seriously? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how bad things must be in Cleveland for you to need to earn so much more. Atlanta looks cheap from where I'm sitting, but I also figure if we moved there and dan got a job he'd take a pay cut. It sounds like if you move somewhere that isn't Detroit you should expect a significant pay increase.

Not as significant as you think. I am getting a bit underpaid for Cleveland in my position, but only about 20% less say Atlanta. If housing and utilities like water and that are more that twice as much (and they are), a 20% increase won't do much of anything.

Nottingham has a bad rep I suppose, but it's just like all big cities. There's 4 little estates that you just don't walk into and aside from that you're a-okay. :)

There are whole quarters of the city were police do not patrol in Cleveland, let alone just walking around casually.

Yeah where I used to live is called Forest Fields and there's tons of trouble there. My boyfriend got jumped about 50ft from our house, I got in a fight with a huge group of young lads, some guy got stabbed in the eye etc. etc. and as soon as the sun went down all the police disappeared. :lol: You just have to deal with stuff on your own in places like that.

Yeah where I used to live is called Forest Fields and there's tons of trouble there. My boyfriend got jumped about 50ft from our house, I got in a fight with a huge group of young lads, some guy got stabbed in the eye etc. etc. and as soon as the sun went down all the police disappeared. :lol: You just have to deal with stuff on your own in places like that.

Downtown next to the second tallest building in the city at 3 in the afternoon there was a shooting. And that is downtown. 20 blocks away it's worse.

Sucks. You just gotta stay on your toes, I'm always super alert when I walk around alone. The stuff I used to do years ago scares the crap outta me, I used to walk around most nights at 3am on my own going through isolated parks where people regularly get beat up etc. Guess that's the invincibility of youth. :lol:

Well they don't carry because the likelihood of anybody they come across having a gun is less. In areas where there's gun crime I'm sure they do carry, I think the Met (London police) carry guns a lot of the time. Only like 2 cops ever been shot in my memory.