WTF Where is that fluffer, ER?!?!?!??!

Can you fix the confused part? Background of trip?

just about every year, he and some friends no of a place on an island pretty sure near Mexico, takes a few flights to get there but they have a nice deal/arrangement and spend the whole week, scuba diving, snorkeling, drinking swimming etc.... vacation pure and simple, forget how he found the place to begin with but they view it as a huge find

if I had any real way to justify the expense and time to my wife, i would have asked to join him

did it have a taste or just crunchy?

Tasted like sea water and fear.

Can you fix the confused part? Background of trip?

I inherited a friend through my ex who had been to this place many times. He worked with a guy who had retired and bought a hotel and bar on the main island of Utila. Said mutual friend kept pushing us to go there to visit. Complete island life. Everyone is typically on foot, life there is cheap and it's sitting on one of the most sought after reefs for snorkeling and scuba diving. We put it off for years but every year he was pressuring us to go. In 2010 we caved and said that we would check it out. Originally we were going to stay at his friends hotel (which would have been cheaper) but we saw that there were private islands for rent for less per night than some hotels in a big city. We couldn't pass it up. Gathered some friends and did a group trip, then just split the bill at the end of the week. Price on the island went up since then, but only by $30 a night. My ex and i have since split, but a couple of the friends that went last time said that they were going back and they weren't going without me. I couldn't really afford it, but i decided that the last year or so was shit anyway and i needed it. So here we are.

if I had any real way to justify the expense and time to my wife, i would have asked to join him

Real talk: I'm thinking about trying to coordinate a few UF and NN member mass vacation. Some of my closest to join me in a couple of years when i go back.

It will probably be 2 years, at least. Depending on if i stay here and get a house, decide to move elsewhere etc. There's a lot going on right now. Saving for the next season isn't priority, but if it works then i'll let people know ASAP.

Real talk: I'm thinking about trying to coordinate a few UF and NN member mass vacation. Some of my closest to join me in a couple of years when i go back.
I'm in for sure. The wife and I have been saving up for an island vacation for years.

Hi. I am your new best friend. Here, I made you a friendship bracelet.

Check flights right now. What's it cost to get from whre you are to airport code RTB?

Random date in October around £1200-1400 so like $2k :lol:

Depends on airport though, we don't really have 'local' ones in the UK, you have to search for them all individually to see which ones cheapest. The one I searched was in London, the one 30 miles from me would cost like £4000

Mine was a little over $600. Then you can either take a boat to Utila, or a flight like we did. You can also fly into LaCeiba, the closest port town in Honduras, and take a ferry over but it's a hassel to deal with the people there.

Depends on airport though, we don't really have 'local' ones in the UK, you have to search for them all individually to see which ones cheapest. The one I searched was in London, the one 30 miles from me would cost like £4000

Random dates in October include seasonal hurricanes. that's why it's so much cheaper in September and October. It's also a 19 hour journey with 2 changes.

Hi. I am your new best friend. Here, I made you a friendship bracelet.

DAWWWWW. You're in.

Around $3600 return.

:eek:

Yeah that's a bit much, methinks.