Where is everyone from?

CletusJones said:
I'm from Chicago, where there is a low turnout of UF members. :(
Low turnout? You've blown off my last 2 get togethers, and we had quite a turnout. ;) Shame we won't be doing them anymore.

I'm originally from St. Louis, MO and I've been moving back and forth everywhere between there and northeast Illinois my entire life.

kiwi said:
Sure, mostly looking for now.

So do you have a really cool accent?
I spend so much time imitating old people, southern accents, english accents, Boston accents, etc. that I'm not sure anymore...

Actually I have a Connecticut accent, which is pretty much nothing - we talk fast but pronounce everything neutrally - like people on TV.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I spend so much time imitating old people, southern accents, english accents, Boston accents, etc. that I'm not sure anymore...

Actually I have a Connecticut accent, which is pretty much nothing - we talk fast but pronounce everything neutrally - like people on TV.
you have no accent

Drool-Boy said:
Ive been told I have a fancy southern accent.
Not as bad as some I heard in the Savannah airport tho:fly:
Jawjah, is waaay worse than Tejas.

At least in my experience.

Upstate NY is proving to be one of the weirdest though, it's like a cross between the Swedish influenced upper-midwest (Think Fargo) with the Bronx accent.

Drool-Boy said:
Ive been told I have a fancy southern accent.
Not as bad as some I heard in the Savannah airport tho:fly:
You definitely sound like a Texan. I've got the nasally vowely northern thing starting to happen now... and it's really funny when that gets combined with my slight missouri drawl. People have been laughing at the way I talk for years.

Pandora said:
Wear a UF shirt around, maybe you'll recruit some! :D
I wore one once that had the "more fun than skinning a dead hooker" on the back. All I saw was people giving me disgusted looks and soccer moms telling their kids to "stay away from that man over there." :(

edit: and the sleeves are a little shorter than I'm used to, the bottom of my tattoo sticks out. I'm sure that helps draw people in.