Where is everyone from?

CletusJones said:
I'm from Chicago, where there is a low turnout of UF members. :(

WOO-HOO Chi-town!!
Des Plaines rocks!! Everybody chilling in Bensenville!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Originally, now, or both? :p

(Connecticut originally, now Boston / Upstate NY)

Born in SLC, lived in Chicago as a little kid, grew up in Minnesota (parents were split so I split my time between Chicago and White Bear Lake) and now I am back in Salt Lake.

Coqui said:
Well I went on a cruise who's port was in Mobile, and I have a friend who lives in Montgomery.

yeah, that cruise thing is really new. i graduated and moved from mobile in late 2000, and it wasn't there then. of course.

does your friend like montgomery?

SpyderGST said:
I was born in Atlanta, was moved to Bama when I was 4 and raised in Dothan. Now, I've somehow ended up back in Atlanta.

i went to dothan a long time ago for my brother's baseball tournament. all i remember was some arcade/go kart thingy we went to.

Thorn Bird said:
yeah, that cruise thing is really new. i graduated and moved from mobile in late 2000, and it wasn't there then. of course.

does your friend like montgomery?

Yeah it's not exactly the most ideal place to dock for a cruise yet, but it's getting there. Of course I also happened to be there for Mardi Gras.

Yes my friend likes Montgomery.

Coqui said:
Yeah it's not exactly the most ideal place to dock for a cruise yet, but it's getting there. Of course I also happened to be there for Mardi Gras.

Yes my friend likes Montgomery.

mardi gras... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

that's the only thing i miss about mobile. it's funny too -- it's the thing i did every year and remember the least about.

mobile's got beautiful potential and is a great location, but there's something haunted, dingy, and skanky about mobile. it's a black hole that sucks you in if you're not careful, yet doesn't let you go anywhere. a lot of stingy old money there. gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Thorn Bird said:
mobile's got beautiful potential and is a great location, but there's something haunted, dingy, and skanky about mobile. it's a black hole that sucks you in if you're not careful, yet doesn't let you go anywhere. a lot of stingy old money there. gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Kick ass. We should all get together in an old Mobile cemetery on Halloween and commune with the dead or something.

Wait, that's probably not what you meant.

Sarcasmo said:
Kick ass. We should all get together in an old Mobile cemetery on Halloween and commune with the dead or something.

Wait, that's probably not what you meant.

well, joe cain, founding father of mardi gras, is buried there. i'm sure he'd enjoy a party! (did you know that mardi gras started in mobile, not new orleans?)

Thorn Bird said:
well, joe cain, founding father of mardi gras, is buried there. i'm sure he'd enjoy a party! (did you know that mardi gras started in mobile, not new orleans?)

I thought it started in Venice as Carnivale. :shifty:

Thorn Bird said:

Yeah my friend from there originally lived in Mobile. He was telling me all about Joe Cain