Ontopic Where do you sit when you ride share (Uber, Lyft, Etc)

Where do you sit when you Uber

• Front Seat

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Back Seat

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Varies

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I've never used a ride share

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
I had an interesting conversation with some friends yesterday around when we take Uber, Lyft, etc. Do you hop in the front seat or the back seat. This is obviously stating that you're not riding with other friends. I myself vary depending on the driver and the type of vehicle.

basically what domo said

why the hell would I get in the front seat? I wouldn't do that in a cab

If there was an "introvert" option so the driver knows not to speak to me I would have that as my default. The only reason I use uber meow is because they'll probably be the first company to switch to AVs.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
Here, it's the common expectation that you should hop in front. Taxi or Uber.

In the US, the back is more the common notion for taxis. Unsure of Uber there because I wasn't living there when it became widely used/known.

Back, one guy even opened the back door for me. I'd only do the front if with multiple people. So same as a cab for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I sit in the back and hope they don't want to talk, because I won't be rude and not talk back, but I don't want to tell some strange dude (because I've only once ever had a lady driver) about my plans or where I'm from or too many details about myself. it's not an "I don't talk to the help" thing, because if it wasn't personal questions I wouldn't care, but I don't need some rando knowing where I'm staying or if I'm alone or how long I'm in town or whatever, and I'm already taking a risk getting in their car alone and trusting they'll take me where I say.