Food When you make eggs and toast

That sounds nice. I usually like bacon softer, or at least not super crunchy, when eating it by itself, but a chopped, crunchier bacon "sprinkle" could be wonderful on something like that. Also tomatillo salsa.
Soft bacon is groce. But yeah, it sounds really good. Going to have to try it next time I make it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve
If a woman cooks an over easy or medium egg with little brown crunchies around the edges she's got wife potential.

this is the tiniest bit underdone. Flip that badboy over for 10 seconds & slide on to a plate or toast.

:drool:

15233669590_e7f15268b0.jpg

If a woman cooks an over easy or medium egg with little brown crunchies around the edges she's got wife potential.

this is the tiniest bit underdone. Flip that badboy over for 10 seconds & slide on to a plate or toast.

:drool:

15233669590_e7f15268b0.jpg

That's called "lace", and yeah, it means hot skillet, bacon or sausage grease, a busy woman, and total wife material.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Soft bacon is groce. But yeah, it sounds really good. Going to have to try it next time I make it.

Even "thick" bacon might be what, 1/4 inch? Know how long it takes for something like that to be heated safely through? It's like hardly any time at all. The rest is all about varying textures and flavors, which are entirely subjective.

:wtf:

That's how bacon is supposed to be"cooked".

And by cooked, I mean heated through.

None of this cooked crispy shit.

Finally, somebody who gets it.

If you want your shit burned, fine, burn it. Just don't burn mine and then tell me how good your burned shit is.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
That's what crispy bacon is. If you didn't overcook (burn) it, it wouldn't be crispy.

Do you make workchops that crispy? How about ham? Baby back ribs?
I try to keep my workshops decidedly uncrispy.
But also, those are dumb comparisons as they're different cuts with entirely different cooking styles

eh, sorta. No beans or rice, and red chile sauce is way different than the tomatillo salsa.
My huevos rancheros sound a lot simpler than yours.
Also, closer to your initial description.

Generally we fry the tortillas, set 'em out to drain (I try to get a little cheese and salt on them while still hot,) then add the egg, little more cheese, avocado and my home made salsa. Then, of course, eat them over the next one so they drip onto it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Soggy bacon reminds me of every crappy diner, chow hall, and cafeteria I've ever been in. To me it's a hallmark of bad cooking and tells me that someone shoved a bunch of stuff in the oven at once, didn't pay any attention to it, then brought it out after X minutes and piled it on top of itself so all the grease soaked into every other piece.
It's an instant recipe for heartburn.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
My huevos rancheros sound a lot simpler than yours.
Also, closer to your initial description.

Generally we fry the tortillas, set 'em out to drain (I try to get a little cheese and salt on them while still hot,) then add the egg, little more cheese, avocado and my home made salsa. Then, of course, eat them over the next one so they drip onto it.
Would eat!

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Good bacon is both smoked and fried.

Smoked for flavor obviously, and fried to crisp the fat, because mushy fat is gross.

(I'm talking to you, sous vide snobs. Sous vided fat is disgusting.)

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Domon