When will the jobs come back?

Almost 20 yeah. I have worked pretty much full time since the age of 14/15 though. At the moment I just feel so tired all the time and it's a struggle to do an entire days work. I think I need to book some time off or a holiday, I haven't had a whole week off in the past year.

How many hours a day do you work?

That's sad.

I'd retire now if I could.

I don't have a hobby that I can go for weeks on end doing (i.e. scuba or motorcycle riding)

I play drums and video games and weight lift. Those are my hobbies.

I'm not good enough at golf to travel and play different courses, and my son will eventually be going to school so I can't just move everywhere and I'd need to find something to do while he's at school.

So nothing out of the ordinary. Don't know why you're so drained then. Do you sleep at a normal rate?

I sleep okay in general. I think it's just that I never take a break from work. I have the odd day off occasionally but never an actual holiday. Plus I'm doing a degree in my own time. Most people my age are just sitting around on their asses at university whereas I'm playing at being a proper grown up.

America needs to become a nation that produces physical products again. Everything is made over seas because it's cheaper and easier to not have to deal with unions. We need to pull our privileged heads out of our asses and see that our attitude about being too good to do menial labor has screwed ourselves. Stop paying people unemployment to sit at home and pay them to do the work that the Chinese have been doing.

America needs to become a nation that produces physical products again. Everything is made over seas because it's cheaper and easier to not have to deal with unions. We need to pull our privileged heads out of our asses and see that our attitude about being too good to do menial labor has screwed ourselves. Stop paying people unemployment to sit at home and pay them to do the work that the Chinese have been doing.

I think a stumbling block to fixing that problem is the shaping of today's youth.

Even fifteen-ish years ago when I was in high school, there was no talk of "manufacturing jobs" (Even though my town had a decently sized industrial park where manufacturing was indeed taking place) you either went to college, or you were a loser who worked at a gas station the rest of your life.

So much pressure is being put on kids to get advanced education, and I'm sure that plays a huge part in not wanting to do work that's "beneath them".

Almost 20 yeah. I have worked pretty much full time since the age of 14/15 though. At the moment I just feel so tired all the time and it's a struggle to do an entire days work. I think I need to book some time off or a holiday, I haven't had a whole week off in the past year.

wait....hold on....I think I feel a tear welling up for you!

:p