When will it end?

zengirl said:
Well sure, but for a time there was also overwhelming medical evidence to support the fact that eggs were bad for you... and then that was retracted to say they were good for you. Then another study showed that alcohol was poison to the system, and then another study showed that one to two drinks a day actually lowered blood pressure and helped prevent heart disease. Now pregnant women aren't supposed to eat tuna, eggs, caffeine, and many other common food items which have been dietary staples for centuries. It boggles the mind that after generations, right now, all of a sudden these things are detrimental to health. Suprising that we aren't extinct yet.

I'll listen to your argument after the Surgeon General says that smoking is beneficial for your health.

Thorn Bird said:
AHA!

wait...that was so long ago, i'm sure your poor mother had NO idea. wasn't that before books and studies were invented? :fly:
Hey, I'm not THAT old :rant:

:lol:

I think it was understood that a lot was a bad idea, but the occasional glass was ok - and that's how I feel about it. People are overly paranoid about booze during pregnancy.

I'm Scottish/Polish, I'm quite certain my ancestors drank daily :chikken:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hey, I'm not THAT old :rant:

I think it was understood that a lot was a bad idea, but the occasional glass was ok - and that's how I feel about it. People are overly paranoid about booze during pregnancy.

I'm Scottish/Polish, I'm quite certain my ancestors drank daily :chikken:

i think that it's safer for everyone across the board if they veto alcohol during pregnancy, across the board. i think, too, that an occasional glass is fine here an there, but i think it should remain a personal choice and not a professionally recommended one.