When all else fails, go to the source

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
This song was the intro to an episode of CSI last year. About a minute long, cuts off when a kid finds a head while delivering newspapers. Really catchy and I like the lyrics so I decided to look around for some information on it. :happy:

Unfortunately it wasn't listed in the credits and Google wasn't much help. :iono: It seems people on all the CSI forums I could find had the same question; none of them knew the title of the song or the name of the artist. When I Googled the lyrics I found a few sites that seemed to lead in the right direction but found nothing conclusive. The best I found was an Italian bulletin board without about three lines worth of lyrics (some of them spelled wrong...greasy wops :mad: ).

Then a lightbulb went off in my head...

and promptly blew. :tard: But then another one came on and I realized that I could simply ask the guys who made the show! Went to the CBS website for contact info, called their main office in New York and asked for a contact number for the CSI production studio. Lady gave me a number that simply rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang......

:beatit:

I hung up, Googled the number (661 area code) and found it listed with another number (on some site where people were bitching about Jorga Fox being fired and suggesting they call the studio and complain). I called the other number (323 area code) and told the girl that I was looking for the licensing information for a song on their show that I was having a hard time tracking down. So then she directed me to another number (818 this time) which I called. I deliver my schpiel again and she transfers me to post production who then give me the number for the music supervisor.

Eureka!

eureka.jpg

Called the guy and told him what I was looking for. Sounded a little strange at first, said "Yeah, I can find that out for you....wait, lemme put you on hold for a bit." I sit on hold for about half a minute or so and he comes back on the line "So..are you just a fan or something? Who gave you this number?"

I was so close and didn't want him to just hang up so I gave him a dose of my FlyNavy Grade A 100% All American Bullshit ®

"My name is Michael Shinoda, I'm producing a short documentary on illegal immigration and I was interested in using this song. I just need to find out who I can contact about licensing and such." :blah:

He bought it, gave me the artist, title, and record label (Warner Bros). Said thanks, hung up, Googled the band and viola:

Acapulco 70 and the song is called Corazon. Bought a copy of the CD on Amazon and it should be here in a week or so. :cool:

I'm proud of myself, I actually accomplished something today besides laundry.

Last edited:
FlyNavy said:
"My name is Michael Shinoda, I'm producing a short documentary on illegal immigration and I was interested in using this song. I just need to find out who I can contact about licensing and such." :blah:

Is that your real name? I didn't realize you were the lead singer for Linkin Park

You actually know who Michael Shinoda is? That is sad in and of itself. :(

Good job on the song though. I called Virgin records once for clarification on the title os a hidden track on a Verve album, because I was uh... "working with a library building a database of their music" i.e., ripping it for wider distribution.

I don't care what anyone says, I like his music. :p The fact that he put four songs together with Styles of Beyond only makes it better

what can I say, the kid can rap :eek:

FlyNavy said:
I don't care what anyone says, I like his music. :p The fact that he put four songs together with Styles of Beyond only makes it better

what can I say, the kid can rap :eek:
If you think he can rap... Check out Goldie Lookin' Chain, songs 'Self Suicide' or 'Short Term'. :p

update: CD arrived and it's pretty good :cool: best of all now I have the full lyrics to the song so the same three lines won't get stuck in my head :lol: